PDA

View Full Version : Caney Fork Report Report ..<'TK><

tkwalker
05-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Had friend's up from Georgia who stayed at my cabin on the Caney ... Obligated to take them fishing ... Started looking at Betty's Island ,,, No Gin for a week ... But found high water from creeks ... Went to Happy Happy Hollow... still to much water from the creeks ... Ended up at the Dam ... Low water ... good color ... Caught two nice trout in the slot limit ... (released) and caught 8 keepers (six released, two DOA)... No pressure Had a good time ... <'TK<>< :)

bd-
05-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm hating that I didn't get a chance to get on the Caney before the generation cranked up again. I'm afraid we're not going to be seeing low water again for a while.

bd

jad2t
05-09-2011, 08:59 AM
They WOULD start generating from midnight to midnight for 4 days straight as soon as I'm finally finished with final exams and am dying to break out the flyrod in the Caney :/ Even when they do finally stop generating, the water will be so high that it may take another couple days to go town to a safe level to wade. I wish I could afford a small boat to float the river when its high.

Maybe if I'm lucky the river will be wadeable again right when the cicadas come out! That would make for some fun fly fishing!

jad2t
05-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Bad news fellas. I just talked to the Army Corps of Engineers about the Center Hill generation and they said they can only give an accurate forecast for the next week to ten days. He said they would definitely be pumping continuously for that duration and he also said it could be up to a month of continuous pumping before it slows down :(

fisherman550
05-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Dang! I'm starting an 11 day camping trip on the upper end of the lake in 9 days-that will mess up the walleye fishing too-they will all be out in the middle trying to keep from getting stranded in shallow water.:mad: