PDA

View Full Version : Center Hill Dam Generation

stickngar21
05-01-2011, 12:59 PM
I have been plannin on goin down to the Caney fork next weekend, but since all of the rain I would assume they will be generating a lot. Any suggestions on where to go and how to catch fish when the water is so high?

jaycee
05-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Check it oy here. Maybe not much since they may hold the water because of flooding of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers.

http://www.tva.gov/lakes/jph_r.htm

stickngar21
05-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Whats the best way to fish with water levels so high? I've tried fishing on the bottom with live bait and all I'll catch is some catfish and an occasional drum

tjustin
05-01-2011, 06:56 PM
There still holding water , went down there 3 days ago in the morning and they cut the generators off and i found over 60 lures. We have been catching some quality walleye up near the dam.

tkwalker
05-01-2011, 08:19 PM
So far they have been holding back the gen and not dumping into the Cumberland ... I've been at my cabin (on the Caney in Lancaster) and a lot of folks have been fishing .... But the lake is full !!! <'TK>< ;)

stickngar21
05-01-2011, 10:35 PM
I've never fished for walleye. I hear they're good eatin though and i'd love to try some in the fryin pan. Any suggestions on how to catch them?

Fishmanjoe
05-02-2011, 02:43 AM
I have heard that when they are generating is the best time to catch big browns.

stickngar21
05-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh and also...where can I get minnows up near the center hill dam area?

spd92
05-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Oh and also...where can I get minnows up near the center hill dam area?

i know a place

robhal11
05-05-2011, 09:54 AM
There is a little antique junk sales looking shed on the right hand side of the road right before Big Rock Mkt. There is an older fellow,forgot his name, and he has alot of fishing supplies. I normally just pull up and he will come out of his house and open the little store up. He has hundreds of lures, rods, reels, bait, pretty neat place. Give him a try some time this spring and summer.

stickngar21
05-05-2011, 11:45 AM
There is a little antique junk sales looking shed on the right hand side of the road right before Big Rock Mkt. There is an older fellow,forgot his name, and he has alot of fishing supplies. I normally just pull up and he will come out of his house and open the little store up. He has hundreds of lures, rods, reels, bait, pretty neat place. Give him a try some time this spring and summer.

Thanks! I'll definitely stop and check that place out.....and spd92, lookin forward to seein ya saturday mornin on the water