PDA

View Full Version : Camping

MattC
04-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Anybody know a good place to go camping in middle tennessee. I live in nashville near hwy 100 and would drive about an hour at the most to a good camping spot for me and my friends. Would like to be able to swim, canoe, fish,.....

ALANRAYG2
04-18-2011, 08:05 PM
MattC,
Look these up on the internet, Buffalo River Campground, Many Cedars Campground. These are hose campgrounds and offer camping fishing swimming and I think there are canoe rentals in the area. These are on the Buffalo River Henery Horton State Park has a campground and the Duck River. The river Rat canoe rental is just around the corner. Personally I would like the Buffalo River Campgrounds better. Good Luck, Alan

Travis C.
04-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Are you needing canoe rentals?

My suggestion for a fun trip unless you were just wanting to run a river in the canoe would be Percy Priest. Most all the islands are labled primitive camping and you can use them free of charge. Some even have grills. I'll attach a pic from our last trip.

That is what we used to get together and do since everyone lived near Nashville.

I know this might be out of you range but the campground below Dale Hollow is not too expensive around $16-$18 per night for a spot and the tailwater only being 7 miles long would be a nice canoe excursion. The put in and take outs are easy to get to and the water is cool year round. Plus, just on the other side of the Dam is Dale Hollow which is a beautiful lake at dawn or anytime.

We go there quite a bit too and it is one of the Corps nicest campgrounds.

tnridgerunner
04-18-2011, 10:46 PM
You are less than an hour from Montgomery Bell State Park, which has all the things you're looking for.