PDA

View Full Version : Good Fish Finder

stickngar21
04-17-2011, 04:34 PM
I am just getting started in fishin on a boat this year but I dont have a fish finder. Any suggestions on a good, inexpensive fish finder out there?

sterling21
04-17-2011, 06:12 PM
I am just getting started in fishin on a boat this year but I dont have a fish finder. Any suggestions on a good, inexpensive fish finder out there?
lowrance has great depth finder i own both but for a better unit on the lower end price with a great depth finder is lowrance

Fishmanjoe
04-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Bass Pro has a decent one Eagle FishElite480. It is grayscale, but it has gps and the ability to load lake maps.

Travis C.
04-17-2011, 08:58 PM
You can get really good units from both brands in a good price range now days. A lot better than 5-10 years ago. I would stay away from Garmin finders though. The really high end Garmins are incredible and better than any LEI or Hummingbird. But they aren't practical for fishing.

Stick with LEI (Lowrance) or Hummingbird and find one that is easy for you to use. A lot of pros have both brands on their boats so that should tell you something there.

Also Eagle brand are LEI models a year later. Like a new model would come out this year in LEI then same one would show up in an Eagle brand next year. I don't know if they are still making them that way but they aren't bad for the price either.

Don't be afraid to ask questions when you go look at them and be sure the play with the functions on them. Also anything that is over 240 vertical pixels and 2,000 watts will allow you to see your line on it. You don't "have to" get an HDS high end unit to be able to do that.

kfleming
05-10-2011, 11:35 PM
I bought one a couple months ago and love it. It has a color screen and the detail is great. It really helped me find submerged structure to find the crappie this spring and it's been helpful identifying mud or rock bottoms that helped me target the sauger. Best 350 I've spent.