PDA

View Full Version : Harpeth this weekend

Kdub813
04-08-2011, 08:52 AM
New to fishing in TN, and was thinking about going out on the harpeth tomorrow morning and then I read this:

http://flysouth.net/fishing-report/

Not going to be fly fishing, but heard I could catch small mouth. Anyone had any luck there recently, or is too early/muddy? Any advice would be awesome. Thanks, all.

Kdub813
04-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Also considering Sycamore Creek out near Ashland City . . .

Adough
04-08-2011, 09:26 AM
New to fishing in TN, and was thinking about going out on the harpeth tomorrow morning and then I read this:

http://flysouth.net/fishing-report/

Not going to be fly fishing, but heard I could catch small mouth. Anyone had any luck there recently, or is too early/muddy? Any advice would be awesome. Thanks, all.

I went out last weekend to do some fishing in my kayak. The water was moving faster than I've ever seen. Had a few strong bites but never brought anything into the boat. Water was fairly clear and cold. I'll be back out on it this weekend for sure. You may be able to find trout in the franklin area. Otherwise I've caught Small mouth, rock bass and an accidental gar.

RiverShoes
04-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Too much water from heavy rains!

That's a bunch of BS.... Sure it's not ideal conditions, but you'll still catch fish. Plus I was out there last night and the water level is already going down some. Of course that will change when it rains again this weekend.

I've been fishing down at the South Harpeth twice already this week, caught a few smallies.

lucegoose
04-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Wednesday and Thursday I hit the little Harpeth near the junction with the main Harpeth and it's certainly high, but clearing fast. Plenty of slow/slack water pockets to toss a line into. No smallies in my two short trips but some largemouth and lots of rock bass, who just gobble up my new Berkley Gulp hellgrammites. Good luck!

GO-OKFISHIN
04-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Personally I don't like fishing it when it is moving like it is. I think it scatters the fish more. Had much better luck with little or no flow but the spring is always like this so go for it! Find where a major creek enters and you will probably wear them out. Good luck

Travis C.
04-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Also considering Sycamore Creek out near Ashland City . . .

I hear that creek is all dried up. No need to waste gas heading out there.

:D