PDA

View Full Version : River Bassin Tournament Series coming to Nashville

Reel Tune
03-28-2011, 02:09 AM
June 25th Bass Pro Shops, Jackson Kayak, and Diablo Paddle Sports will host the Nashville stop of the River Bassin Bedrock Series. When I found out about the series last year it was near the end, and I wasn't able to make any of the stops.

I had planned on hitting a couple of events this year, but when my wife was asked to join the Jackson Kayak Fishing Team that's when our summer plans of traveling and fishing changed to traveling and tournament fishing.

I know we have some great anglers in the area that utilize the advantages of kayaks, canoes, float tubes, pontoons, and your own two feet. These tournaments are all catch photo, and release so no fish are harmed or taken miles away from their home, and released in different areas than they are use to. There are several divisions to make it more comfortable for the youth, or if you would like to team up with a buddy there is a team division, or if you want to put yourself up against the best than the Individual Angler will be the most challenging.

On the River Bassin Trail is a more detailed profile of the rules, but basically you have to fish a river, stream, or creek. There is a map on the website telling you what radius you can fish, and it's up to you to do the scouting.

Hope to see some of you there.
http://www.riverbassintrail.com/

http://www.riverbassintrail.com/images/home-main.jpg

Jeremy

Travis C.
03-28-2011, 03:53 PM
This sounds like it could be fun. Don't own any small craft but do know some nice creeks.

Reel Tune
06-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Bringing this back up to the top to see who is fishing in this event.

http://www.riverbassintrail.com/tournaments-stops/river-bassin-bedrock-series/043011-nashville-tn/

http://www.riverbassintrail.com/

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Also Hook 1 headquarters has come from California to Hendersonville, TN so soon you will be able to get all your rigging needs and much more here locally. It's under new ownership Chad Hoover owner of Kayak Bass Fishing, and author of Kayak Bass Fishing, and Chris Stewart owner of Stewart Products. I'll try to have some kayaks set up during the grand opening so if anyone has questions, or just want to talk fishing come on by.
http://blog.kayakbassfishing.com/blog/

699 W Main St # 208
Hendersonville, TN 37075-6801
(615) 826-1447

Jeremy

GO-OKFISHIN
06-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Will Hook 1 have a retail store?

Reel Tune
06-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Will Hook 1 have a retail store?

They sure will. It will be in Hendersonville. Right now they are getting inventory, and the storefront ready. Soon they will have almost everything needed to fish (lots of new products). It's gonna be sweet.

Farley
06-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks for sharing Jeremy, if I can get my back (bulging disk) in shape before then I'm in. This is something my boys and I would love to do. Do they give out any trophies or prize money?

Reel Tune
06-14-2011, 08:48 PM
It's all prizes, no money. 1st place is a new Jackson Kayak, gifts from Bass Pro, Aquabound, Kokatat, and many others. There are not many young'ns that fish it so your boys would have a really good chance of winning if you can find 3 fish. On average there are only about 15-20 anglers that fish these stops, and only 3-5 regulars that travel. So the odds of a local are really good.

I hope your back gets to feeling better, I know if I had boys, or kids it would be fun to watch them compete, and just have a good time. This simle on a child when catching a fish is priceless.

Jeremy

middleTNsmallies
06-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Good luck with that, but i cant make it. The way the fishing has been for me and my bud lately in our small stuff, we'd have a fighting chance. Keep us posted on the results, im interested in seeing the pics and the places they were caught.

Reel Tune
06-19-2011, 10:52 AM
The pics will be released, but where caught will be very tight lipped. Nobody tells anything thing at these stops besides small creek, near so and so town, in some shoals, or in a hole. You will never get more than one piece of info it will be very short, they will tell you what kind of bait was productive. If you talk to these people in person and get to know them they are very helpful, they are just cautious, and hold creeks streams, and rivers very dear to them.

middleTNsmallies
06-19-2011, 11:54 PM
So where are you fishing? :D

Reel Tune
06-20-2011, 11:17 AM
So where are you fishing? :D

Sent you a PM.

Reel Tune
06-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Captains meeting at Bass Pro Shops 7pm Friday June 24th (tomorrow)

Farley
06-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Jeremy,
Thanks for posting about the tournament. A first class event for sure. I didn't do too hot but my son did really well. He caught one really nice 19.75 smallmouth to go with a decent largemouth and spot that helped him win the youth division, 2nd in overall & overall big fish. He is a happy boy for sure. As for me I'm still wore out.

Rick

Reel Tune
06-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm glad your son got on some nice fish, and had a great time. I pre-fished all last week in the evenings after work and best bag was 50", and average bag was 45", so I was thinking I would do ok. I figured the winning overall bag would be close to 55"-58". The water we fished was up about 2-2.5' from the week before. We also had a wedding to attend in Bethpage so we couldn't use our maximum time. We had a lot of fun, and hope it comes back next year. We need more people participating though.

Friday we (my wife and I) had a great dinner with Drew the owner of River Bassin, Brooks, Blake from Nucanoe, and his wife at Caney Fork Fish Camp. It was a very enjoyable evening, and hoping more could join us to chat about fishing, and life.