PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been crappie fishing lately?

navydocivan
03-18-2011, 05:42 PM
I wanna take my wife fishing this weekend and was wondering if anyone was willing to give me report. Not sure if i wanna goto old hickory or to percy priest. I dont have a GPS but i have a graph on my bass boat. I was probably going to use some crappie magnet for bait or minnows .. Any suggestions are welcome.. either on here or PM. I read somewhere that the crappie are starting to more up into the shallower water but I dont know.

Ivan

jokerwld
03-18-2011, 07:03 PM
matter of fact took a short break casting for bass today and tried crappie for a bit. was on OH and only caught 2. fished about 10 ft deep on a brush pile. Also tried shallow along shore I normally do well on but didn't get a hit. Course could have been the wake boarders zipping past me every few min and making my boat bob like a cork. pretty sad considering its 21 ft triton (tell you how close they were running)last time I hit priest was last weekend and yes they were up shallow. caught fish in 1.5 ft of water surprisingly.

90titans89
03-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Wakeboarders!!?? Already? Wow. Stay away from PP tomorrow, will be very crowded.