PDA

View Full Version : Woods Resevoir

Scott715
03-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Went to Woods yesterday with paps. Water was a little stained but the temps were in lower to mid 50s with some areas up to 58. We caught a ton of white bass on red/chartreuse jigs and even sexy shad cranks. Only managed one crappie though. The temps were cooler in the creeks which surprised me. I guess because of the rain early in the week. We will probably stay out in the main lake today where it's warmer and hope to catch more crappie.

90titans89
03-18-2011, 08:56 PM
You should be at work!!! Good job, nice day for it. :D

Scott715
03-19-2011, 05:57 AM
Coming back tonite unfortunately. Learned yesterday that timing is key for crappie. Didn't get out yesterday till noonish and only managed four or five small crappie in four hours. Ran into longtime crappie fisherman and he had twelve or so keepers but was out from sun up till 10a. Looks like the morning bite is better. That's why I'm typing this at 550am! Give you an update in 4 hrs. :D

Scott715
03-20-2011, 05:44 AM
Went out early in the AM and a cold N wind decided to blow up. I don't think it helped at all. A ton of boats were out at daybreak, but none seemed to stay in one place too long. The keeper crappie were hard to find and catch. We only managed 1 crappie and a few bluegill. I'm hearing the same slow hit in my neck of the woods too (JPP & OH). Surely they are going to blow up soon with the water temps reaching near 60+. Back in town now and hoping to go out Tue.