PDA

View Full Version : old hickory report

fredcombs
03-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi guys, went to Old Hickory this morning and just wanted to let everyone know they are pulling a good amount of water as there was alot of current today. Managed 8 saugers. Be careful out there, there was still alot of debris up towards the steam plant area

Travis C.
03-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Nice report.

How long into the spring do you usually catch them?

fredcombs
03-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Usually until around mid April. Always a few nice walleyes thrown in the mix too

livebaitech
03-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Fred, would you be kind enough to share some of your techniques for catching Sauger & Walleye on OH? Much appreciated, would like to try to catch some. I heard they are great on the table.

fredcombs
03-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Sure livebait no problem. Mainly i use a 1/4 jighead tipped with a gulp minnow, bumping it on the bottom. I also like to use a silver buddy and verticle jig it if i can get over a school of them. With the silver buddy you never know what you might get. I have also caught a few while throwing x-raps for bass. They are hard to find once the water starts heating up. if i can be of anymore help just shoot me a message

Dakota
03-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi guys, went to Old Hickory this morning and just wanted to let everyone know they are pulling a good amount of water as there was alot of current today. Managed 8 saugers. Be careful out there, there was still alot of debris up towards the steam plant area

What part of the lake did you fish??

fredcombs
03-19-2011, 11:48 AM
What part of the lake did you fish??

Down by the steam plant. Fishing the flat just outside the canal