PDA

View Full Version : 3-13 OH fishing

Jim
03-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Took my two year old son fishing Sunday afternoon from the bank on Old Hickory. Went to three different places as his attention span is pretty short :) First two spots, nothing was biting. Third spot was the answer. 18 largemouth in under 2 hours. Only two small ones, all the rest 2- 4 lbs. Great fun! He got to reel most of them in. We left them biting when the rain came in.

I would cast my plastic worm across some rocks and got bit on every 2 or 3 casts. When I changed baits from my go-to bait to other plastics I could not get a bite. Changed back and the bite was on immediately.

The bass are definitely moving in as I was not fishing in very deep water.

Fun afternoon.
Jim

Buccaneer
03-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey Jim, I guess that was some fun with your kids. I used to love reeling in fish for the kids before they grew up and stopped letting me! I went on Sunday too and hit it from about 9:00 till 3:00 and couldn't manage but a couple small fish. I thought I was fishing fairly shallow but apparently not shallow enough. The 48 degree water temp had me puzzled but I should have stuck with the plastics instead of gunning the crankbaits. Amazing how much stuff was in the main channel still. Also a significant current through the river channel.

whrizob
03-14-2011, 10:55 PM
awesome mr jim! congrats on the great trip!!!!!!

WXMikey
03-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Gotta love the days like that with your kids! :) They grow up fast! Way to go. Awesome memories forever!