PDA

View Full Version : green fishing worms needed

master_cat
03-13-2011, 09:26 PM
im lookin for river worms the green slimy stinkin ones anyone know of any spots i can dig for some if u dont want to post it here pm it i really want some of these worms any help is great

clean air
03-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Do you spring lizards,mud puppies or salamanders?Dont know the green river worms.Are you talking about nightcrawlers?

Travis C.
03-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Are they like the ones you can buy at Marrowbone lake. Those are really firm and ooze some green crap. At least they used to have those years ago.

TNtransplant08
03-14-2011, 01:34 PM
You're probably thinking of Catalpa worms. Not sure where you can dig 'em up, but I've seen websites online that you can purchase them from. Try the United States Catfish Association website. Go to the Tennessee forum and I'm sure theres folks on there that will be happy to help you find them. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forum.php

Its a great site for all things catfishing related.

creeksmallie
03-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I believe you are talking about nightcrawlers. i used to dig them around dairy barns. My grandfather kept some old firewood laying in the ditch that drained the dairy barn when they hosed it down after milking. The worms were huge and green and fat and I caught all kinds of fish. try some local Wilson county dairy farms.
Mike

master_cat
03-15-2011, 12:47 AM
These ooze out a really foul smelling puss kinda stuff. People find them on river banks but i have yet to locate any.

Travis C.
03-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Call Marrowbone lake master_cat,

That sounds exactly like those they used to carry.

tjustin
03-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Mastercat I know exactly what your talking about . I found some of these on the caneyfork bank up above the great falls dam in Doyle,tn . And it was the first time i had ever seen them . I thought they were just some deformed night crawlers. kinda like a red wiggler but there green and they stink horribly.

Catchingtrout
03-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Try flooded areas this spring. There are soccer fields near my house that flood every year and they (buzzard worms?) surface there as the water recedes. I was introduced to them a coulple of years ago by some local cat fisherman scooping them up by the bucket full. Smaller than a night crawler, green and they smell like @$$.

bd-
03-17-2011, 03:14 PM
I wish someone would post a picture of one of these worms. I've never heard of such a thing.

They are definitely not catalpa worms - those grow on catalpa trees, not in the mud.

bd

master_cat
03-20-2011, 10:23 PM
if anyone can get them ill buy them from u id love to get my hands on some

MickT
03-21-2011, 03:09 PM
We call them "bluff worms" and sawed for them around bluffs and other places near water that had flat rocks for them to hide under. Sometimes you can find them just flipping rocks. That would probably be the best way to scout for them, and then saw after you find them.

I've fished with catalpa worms (really a catapillar) as well. You can grow your own be transplanting them to your own catalpa tree. they will return every year after they find your tree.

master_cat
03-21-2011, 07:04 PM
i was hoping to find a spot iv looked and looked and looked and i yet to find them kinda discorageing

bd-
03-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm bumping this back to the top because I'm still hoping someone might post a photo of one of these green fishing worms so I can see what they are! I've never heard of such a thing, and the curiosity is killing me!

bd

Travis C.
03-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Would this be the one we're looking for?

http://linnet.geog.ubc.ca/efauna/Atlas/Atlas.aspx?sciname=Allolobophora%20chlorotica

clean air
03-29-2011, 04:13 PM
That looks like a regular worm except for the green tint.I have seen earthworms in the bait shop that were green like that but I think it was food coloring.Maybe thats what they were.Didnt ever smell anything foul.Do they smell like something decaying or sour.The factory I used to work at had a beattle that we called stink bugs.If you touched that beattle it would release a liquid that was foul and sour.Your hand would stink for days if you picked one up.Some sort of defence against predetors.Is that what these worms do or do they stink all the time?

master_cat
04-01-2011, 08:33 PM
these are a diffrent breed of worm a river type worm they coil up like a spring when u touch them and they smell diffrent they can only be found in certain areas

master_cat
04-01-2011, 08:37 PM
i found 10 so far no hot spots yet maby ill run into a patch of them found these on the river bank

master_cat
04-01-2011, 08:39 PM
no clue y this was not on the last post