even though i caught only TREE BASS LOL
i tried every color and every type but just go a big fat 0
water temp at boy scout camp was around 49
did go to back of station camp and was around 51
water was stained
threw mostly spinners on a slow roll colors of bright yellow and greens
even tried black and blue mop head jigs
black and silver lip less rat l traps

any help from guys that fished today would be greatly appreciated being i am new to bass fishing on artificial baits.

i guess i need to go to work (referring to my sig)

sterling21
03-12-2011, 09:57 PM
was a good tournament today
even though i caught only TREE BASS LOL
i tried every color and every type but just go a big fat 0
water temp at boy scout camp was around 49
did go to back of station camp and was around 51
water was stained
threw mostly spinners on a slow roll colors of bright yellow and greens
even tried black and blue mop head jigs
black and silver lip less rat l traps

any help from guys that fished today would be greatly appreciated being i am new to bass fishing on artificial baits.

i guess i need to go to work (referring to my sig)
i guess you need to go back to work then lmao wrong baits wrong water but another week or two if we have nore warm weather everyone will be able to catch them so dont give up

sterling21
03-12-2011, 10:07 PM
we had a great day me and rob im sure he will give ya a lake report me my self would love to share info but since we fish tourneys too cant really share any info with you but keep at it we won it with 16.33 i had a 5.94 slaush donkey making it second bf and 4 lb smallie had lost of keepers an just smashed them

DrSquash
03-12-2011, 10:33 PM
we had a great day me and rob im sure he will give ya a lake report me my self would love to share info but since we fish tourneys too cant really share any info with you but keep at it we won it with 16.33 i had a 5.94 slaush donkey making it second bf and 4 lb smallie had lost of keepers an just smashed them

kinda though that is what this sight was for to ask questions and get tips cant compete with the 50 grand boats with all the fancy depth finders just wanted to get some advice for some one new to bass fishing oh well had fun glad you did to, just remember everyone started out some where and asking questions is only way to learn

Buccaneer
03-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks Sterling, for nothing. Regardless of your tournament participation and desire to win the Bass Master Classic, a little info on water temps, lure type and general depth wouldn't infringe on your secret holes.

whrizob
03-12-2011, 11:32 PM
he did give you some info. he is not trying to be a hard a$$, he was just saying that the spinnerbait bite will be on in a couple of weeks. and that its tough right now. just keep at it and keep fishing. all you can do. he is just joking with you guys, try not to take it serious. im fixing to post report for today.

whrizob
03-13-2011, 01:05 AM
kinda though that is what this sight was for to ask questions and get tips cant compete with the 50 grand boats with all the fancy depth finders just wanted to get some advice for some one new to bass fishing oh well had fun glad you did to, just remember everyone started out some where and asking questions is only way to learn

i do want to say this, the boat doesnt catch fish. i have never fished out of a expensive boat. just hand me down, used stuff. dont let all that stuff intiminate you. as long as your on the water, you have just as good chance as everyone else. kvd say something that i thougth was neat. he was ask how he got to be as good as he is and how he can win alot. he replied that he only worries about the things he can controll and doesnt let things he cant bother him or destract him. im sure everyone would love to have a nice expensive boat, but like i said; those boats dont catch fish. good luck to you buddy! just keep at it, you will get on them!

pawpawskeeter06
03-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Thanks Sterling, for nothing. Regardless of your tournament participation and desire to win the Bass Master Classic, a little info on water temps, lure type and general depth wouldn't infringe on your secret holes.

AMEN:confused:

sterling21
03-13-2011, 07:30 AM
AMEN:confused:
guys he gave you the water temp on the first post water temp did not change all day between 48-50 i was messin about that so chill the fish was few an far between meaning they wasnt just go in any pocket an you can wear them out so you couldnt go just any wear an wack em or everyone would had good sacks it took alot to find what we did keep searching an trying there is alot of great anglers out there an its hard to win but when you find something like we did yesterday i cant myself give you much more info sorry guys if you dont like it so be it but i have gave you more info then when you started this form you are just lookin for specifics an i didn,t give you specifics soo chill

sterling21
03-13-2011, 07:47 AM
by the way i told you that rob would give you a lake report later so an he did

jokerwld
03-13-2011, 08:10 AM
I also fish tournament on old hickory and priest both and dont see any reason to not share what I am doing. ill tell you baits, depth even general part of the lake. DrSquash it is a bit early for spinner-baits, however you may want to try jigs or even a spot-remover type jig. this time of year. The fish should be starting to stage in the creek mouths and secondary points. Something else you may want to try is jerk type baits. Myself I prefer an XRAP silver black. Retrieve just varies it may be a steady twitching on one day and it may be twitch and pause the next.

I was on priest yesterday for crappie and while I wore out the little fish I found something interesting. We fished 10-15 most of the day and on a whim went real shallow just prior to leaving. I caught 4 keeper is as little as 2 ft of water and also one small Largemouth. They were all females and the eggs were still hard. All of these fish were bone white showing they are just now moving out of deep water.

Buccaneer
03-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Sorry if that went bad Sterling, no offense meant. Tired of struggling on the lower end and ready for some sort of triggering event to turn things on. Was hoping maybe what you found was Saturday's sunshine finally got them active in some sort of pattern, maybe heading towards a lipless crankbait type bite. Been focusing on mid-depth ranges, 6-12' thinking they may be holding for a run to the shallower water but limited success using search baits. Likely this Thursday-Friday with all day sun and 70's air temps sends us into the definite spring patterns.

DrSquash
03-13-2011, 11:34 AM
I also fish tournament on old hickory and priest both and dont see any reason to not share what I am doing. ill tell you baits, depth even general part of the lake. DrSquash it is a bit early for spinner-baits, however you may want to try jigs or even a spot-remover type jig. this time of year. The fish should be starting to stage in the creek mouths and secondary points. Something else you may want to try is jerk type baits. Myself I prefer an XRAP silver black. Retrieve just varies it may be a steady twitching on one day and it may be twitch and pause the next.

I was on priest yesterday for crappie and while I wore out the little fish I found something interesting. We fished 10-15 most of the day and on a whim went real shallow just prior to leaving. I caught 4 keeper is as little as 2 ft of water and also one small Largemouth. They were all females and the eggs were still hard. All of these fish were bone white showing they are just now moving out of deep water.

Thanks
I didnt mean to start anything but things like this is what i was asking, i have never fished old hickory lake sat was the 2nd day ever on this lake, the guy i fished with said " i grew up on this lake i know everything about old hickory" so i bought a map pre fished tuesday and nothing lol
anyway thanks for the tips for this lake

master_cat
03-13-2011, 01:31 PM
guys i use to fish alot of bass tournys i won a few local tournys and such i have a lot of good spots around misty cove and a few down around the steam plant if u want to know them just pm me and ill tell ya iv started fishing catfish tournys so i just bass fish for fun

clean air
03-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Please everybody be careful what info you post on these sites.We are not the only person to see it.You can make a post giving specifics and everybody and there brothers will be there doing exactly what the post said to do.I have seen this happen.Some people that arent members just check this site for info and never join or post anything.They get info and use it and thats it.I never post pics and only give vage info unless its a pm.Then I will go in depth and help as much as possible if its a pm and you have been a member for a while.Nobody wants to go to there spot and see 10 people sitting on top of it.