PDA

View Full Version : old hickory 3-6-11

whrizob
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
had to get out in that mess yesterday bc i have my first tourney next weekend. it was windy, cold, and the water was chocolate milk! it was after a big cold front had came through the night before. the absolute worst conditions to have. let me start out by saying it was one of the worst fishing days i have experienced. with that said, i did catch a few fish. i got at the ramp about 9, it was still in the 30's. i went the my first spot and caught a fish on the first cast. i thought wow, this is going to be good. i fished down the bank till i came to a log and i fished it. bam a second bite. small bass, but that is still good for the conditions. but i then fished all day, all over the place and never got another bite! i was frustrated, cold, and ready to go. but before i left i decided to try one more spot and do one more thing. im gald i did! i missed a fish, then lost a fish (a keeper) right of the bat. with a hour and half left of day light, i finally started to get bites. i went to another spot that was similiar to that one and caught a short fish real quick. fished on down the bank and caught and landed a solid keeper. i fish down the rest of the bank and nothing. the wind was just blowing to hard. i decided to go back to the where i was and fish it some more. and boy am i glad i did! i caught 4 fish on the first pass back down with one keeper. i then went back down the same bank a little wider and caught 3 more short fish. all and all it was not a whole lot of fish, but i believe if those fish hit like that in this weather; then it should be even better next weekend. i went from a bad day on the water to actually feeling good once i came off. i know i have not said how or where i caught these fish, i usually do. i just cant spill the beans yet on this trip, due to the tourney i have next weekend. but the only advice i can give, is just keep fishing. i almost left right before i fished that last spot. good luck to all, its tough right now.

WXMikey
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Understand. Way to deal with the elements and find'em! :)

oldhick
03-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Give us a report after your tourney. I fished one this past Saturday and would love to compare notes. We had several keepers and broke off a big one. It certainly wasn't easy.....

Travis C.
03-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Nice report man...

Hopefully I can start getting out soon a little more. About time to start my night fishing.

MikefromMo
03-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Nice report, it's always good to find out that persistence does actually payoff... sometimes!

whrizob
03-09-2011, 09:59 AM
thanks guys! yeah dont ever give up! famous words from my favorite fisherman, mike iconelli!