PDA

View Full Version : Bank Fishing For Catfish

No Boat Fishing
03-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Looking to take my kids fishing this weekend and have no clue where to take them. Would love to catch catfish or crappie to stock up our freezer but mainly want to get the kids out and fish. We have no baot and are looking for places in or around Clarksville. any help would be awesome

No Boat Fishing
03-03-2011, 01:08 PM
come on people. 20+ views and no one has any advice. The boat I have is in Texas and it needs a motor so bank fishing is my only option right now. Doesn't really have to be for the fish I listed. Just something my kids can enjoy. They are 6 and 2 so catching fish would be nice for them.:D

tnridgerunner
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
You might try Marrowbone lake in northern Davidson County, TWRA managed and usually produces good numbers of fish for kids. It warms up faster than the big lakes. You might give them a call for recent reports; they are very helpful.

http://www.tn.gov/twra/fish/pond/TWRAfamlake/marrowbone.html

No Boat Fishing
03-03-2011, 03:05 PM
thank you...

Travis C.
03-03-2011, 03:27 PM
You can also try here.

http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/DunbarCave/#fishing

I am not very familiar with that area as far as fishing for kids goes.

Marrowbone is a good place too but the majority is boat fishing since it is pretty large. They do have a really nice pier to fish from.

There is also a daily use fee to go in addition to license.

No Boat Fishing
03-04-2011, 09:28 AM
thanks. was looking at going to Dunbar since it is so close. I guess I could try it out and be able to post a report about it so atleast I could share the info here.

Catchingtrout
03-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't spend a lot of time in Clarksville, but tnridgerunner is right, you should find Marrowbone to be a great location for Cats and Crappie. Trout are even stocked for the winter stocking program.

Fishaholic
03-05-2011, 10:02 PM
I bet if you google it you can find some pay lakes in your area too

Travis C.
03-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Trout are even stocked for the winter stocking program.

They are stocked in Dunbar Cave Park as well.