PDA

View Full Version : preist 2/26

sterling21
02-27-2011, 08:58 AM
we fished frost bite yesterday put in at 4 corners ran up to spring creek had 1 14.75 in. fat fish water was a lil better up there we had choclate milk in main lake with lots of logs an debris floatingand fished with only one bite so started heading back to the lower in got past 4 corners lake was different you coulld see !!! the milk hadnt affected the lower in yet , it was clear an the bite was getting better water temp was 47 to 48 a little cooler but the bite was better but the day was late almost to late but i had another same size fish as first one on about 3 rd cast once we got away from that muddy water then fished on around to a piont an figure it out had a 3.5 right off the bat but my knowledge of the lake was a lil slim an hard to find the same pattern all in that clearer water an didnt have time to look so ended day with 3 fish 1 keeper had a decxent day fishing , but heres the bad part once i set doen in spring that morning both housings on my livewell pump in had broke an was leaking water in the boat one was broke completly off the other was just cracked so ran the bidge pump about all day to keep from sinkin so that sucks but i can deal with so on way back i was getting out of all that debris so i let the her loose an she would never due over 4800 rpms a 1000 less then normal an would only run 47 mph so i compression checked when i got back left top cylinder was down almost to 60 psi from 115 to 120 from the rest pull the head no scaring or metal shavings in the cylimder so looks like i will be rebuilding it this week either the rings broke or im not really sure good thing my old man has been around an has built alot of mercury engines so he is going to help me fix this thing but its going to cost me either way but maybe i will be back on the water soon if everything works out an we get it fixed hopefully keeping my fingers crossed

Travis C.
02-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Man that sucks. I hate having boat problems. Hopefully, you can get it fixed and be back on the water soon.

Cornbread
02-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Good luck with the boat issue,it always seems to happen at the worst time.

Boles
03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
If you don't see any obvious scoring and your rings look ok...pay really close attention to the head gasket. May just need to replace the gasket.