PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call

Fishaholic
02-25-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm heading out Saturday from Sanders Ferry Park in OH Lake anybody else

Buccaneer
02-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Maybe tomorrow. Decided to do the engine maintenance today, water pump job, thermostats, spark plugs and lower unit oil.

90titans89
02-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Anyone have a report from OH today. I was thinking about going tomorrow was wondering about how high and dirty the water is and water temp. Thanks.

TNRACER93
02-26-2011, 11:18 PM
I drove by station camp and the water looked like it was a foot to a foot and a half high and dirty..

jokerwld
02-27-2011, 05:50 AM
water is up about 1.5 to 2 ft. Launched out of rockland yesterday and ran to station camp. Main river very muddy and lots of junk floating around. That storm was a doozy. there is a little side cove right off the main river down from Black jack that has boat docks it in. The large dock got to be 15-20 slips long and all metal. the storm blew it over and upside down with three boats in. all 3 boats are still in therre slips just upside down now WOW! Creak arms were clear at the entrances to the river but farther back you went they also got muddy. Fished few hours and not a single bite yesterday.

On a side note is it legal to net in OH? I was out and saw 2 guys checking nets that were not marked in anyway I could see. If I hadn't seen them doing it I never would not have known the nets were even there. no floats or anything!!

3 Numbers
02-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Don’t think nets are and need a commercial license to use multiple hook trot lines…. I think.

You put in at Rockland and ran to Station Camp in all that. What does your LU & prop look like?

jokerwld
02-28-2011, 10:01 PM
actually it was not that overly bad. Been on lake when it was much worse

Travis C.
02-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Trotlines, Limb lines And Jugs Trotlines consist of a main line with drop lines to which single hooks are attached. Drop lines must not be closer than 24 inches. Nongame fish, except paddlefish, may be taken without limit; game fish, except catfish, may not be taken. There is no limit on catfish, except only 1 fish may exceed 34 inches.

Sportfishing trotlines, limblines and jugs must be tagged and/or marked with the owner’s name or current TWRA identification number. Trotlines attached to the bank must be tagged on the line within five feet of the bank. Other trotlines must be tagged within five feet of either end, and floating trotlines must be marked on floats.

The holder of a sport fishing license may use one or more trotlines not having a combination of more than 100 hooks. Limblines (including yoyos) must be tagged above water level and are allowed only one hook per line. Sport anglers are limited to 25 limblines. Sport anglers are limited to 50 jugs or blocks and each with only one hook.

Trotlines, limblines and jugs must be run at least once each day and are prohibited within 1,000 yards below any TVA or Corps of Engineers dam. Trotlines may not be set within 100 yards of the mouth of any river, creek or slough.

Fishmanjoe
03-01-2011, 12:29 AM
I plan on getting out on Priest tomorrow. I anticipate it will be tough, the the high pressure moving in, but I have to go when I have the days off. Wednesday may be a little better for me.

Fishaholic
03-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I went out Sat afternoon got the big goose egg fished a few different spots saw a ton of bait but not one bite other than the shad I snagged