PDA

View Full Version : Percy Priest 2/22/11

TNtransplant08
02-22-2011, 12:25 PM
I thought I'd try for crappie and headed over to Stewart Creek this morning. Turned out I had one of my better days bass fishing this winter. I saw some people catching crappies on the opposite bank, so I headed over there. I couldn't get any bites, but I saw some surface activity in shallow water down the bank. Headed over there and threw a 3" firetiger Powergrub and hooked into a nice 3 lb bass. I didn't get any more bites on the grub and I was wishing I hadn't left my bass gear at home. But I happened to have some flukes with me, so I tied on those. Proceeded to catch 8 more in an hour. But once the sun went behind the clouds, the bite died. They were only in 2-3 feet of water and they were all chunky and healthy. What was looking like a unproductive day turned out to be a nice one!

TNtransplant08
02-22-2011, 12:29 PM
I thought I'd try for crappie and headed over to Stewart Creek this morning. Turned out I had one of my better days bass fishing this winter. I saw some people catching crappies on the opposite bank, so I headed over there. I couldn't get any bites, but I saw some surface activity in shallow water down the bank. Headed over there and threw a 3" firetiger Powergrub and hooked into a nice 3 lb bass. I didn't get any more bites on the grub and I was wishing I hadn't left my bass gear at home. But I happened to have some flukes with me, so I tied on those. Proceeded to catch 8 more in an hour. But once the sun went behind the clouds, the bite died. They were only in 2-3 feet of water and they were all chunky and healthy. What was looking like a unproductive day turned out to be a nice one!

Forgot to add a pic!

Fishmanjoe
02-24-2011, 01:37 AM
I was out there, started around 11 or so. No bites until we reached the Guard area back there, then we started getting into some bass and crappie. We didn't get into them until it was time to go. Wind was horrible. I am looking for the yellow bass. We had been getting into them and they taste SO good.

Fishmanjoe
02-25-2011, 03:29 AM
Also saw some dude strip down to his undies and jump in. Yikes!

TNtransplant08
02-25-2011, 06:35 AM
He must have gotten pretty desperate not to lose a lure and jumped in after it :)