PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory - not yet

oldhick
02-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Went searching for bass on OH (away from steam plant) with no luck. I got no sense they have started to move yet. Maybe another week will get something stirring.

I saw plenty of others out giving it a try. Anyone got a report?

Buccaneer
02-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Saturday or Sunday? Once the wind came up Sunday the game was over for me. Nowhere to hide from a South wind where I wanted to fish. Water temps were still in the 44 degree range and with the overcast in the morning fish were ahrd to find.

Travis C.
02-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Sunday was tough and we left around noon when the wind started. I am thinking what little bite that may have happened turned off when the water went from 46-47 on Saturday to mid-43’s to 44 on Sunday. We fished down by Rockland out on the channel, bluffs and a couple other winter haunts but not even a sniff. Marked several fish on schools of bait though none interested in use though.

It sure was good to be out there again and I haven’t fished with dad in a long time. That made the trip whether or not we seen any fish. Technically, he skunked me because he caught a bluegill along the bluff. :D

whrizob
02-21-2011, 10:31 AM
i had 47 to 50 degrees the whole day? now blown water will be cooler then smoother water. i was looking for calm water. i dont believe wind is good in the winter.