PDA

View Full Version : Drake's creek

Jim
02-19-2011, 02:20 PM
I took my son to swim class this morning at Sea Star pool. It is on the water at the upper end of Drake's Creek. When we got there the shad were visible on the surface of the creek out by the walking path down from the duck feeding area. When we were leaving, the shad were getting attacked by fish and sea gulls.

Good to see some shallow water action, did not get to fish it so see what was biting.

Jim

BumbleBeeDriver
02-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Jim,
I saw the same thing around noon around cages bend. Then everything died. I caught three bluegills on the river bluff across from cages bend on 2" minnows of all things. They were pretty dark, about 5 ft. deep. Wage is 46 degrees.

Fishaholic
02-19-2011, 11:57 PM
There were shad all the way back in the cove behind the fountain by kids kingdom at 1130 today when I was there didn't see anything busting them though

TNtransplant08
02-20-2011, 08:16 AM
I experienced the same thing at the Rockland ramp. Shad was so thick in there that the flocks of gulls were making it difficult to cast without hitting one and the fishing was difficult. I only managed one bass all morning.

spottedbass
02-21-2011, 08:31 AM
On another subject for Drake's Creek, I sure wish they would stock winter trout in Drake's Creek inside Drake's Creek Park. They could stock them from the bridge at Demos. Tons of bank access and parking in the park.

Travis C.
02-21-2011, 08:59 AM
I experienced the same thing at the Rockland ramp. Shad was so thick in there that the flocks of gulls were making it difficult to cast without hitting one and the fishing was difficult. I only managed one bass all morning.

We were out there yesterday as well and put in at Rockland. When we arrived about 7 not one other trailer was in the parking lot which....never leaves you feeling like your making a good deicision. We tried everything from bluffs, creek channels, flats, banks and about every technique we could think.

I noticed the water was 46-47 on Saturday there and the warmest I found was in the high 43's to low 44's which seemed to suspend a lot of fish in the graph.