PDA

View Full Version : old hickory 02-13-11

whrizob
02-16-2011, 10:17 AM
me and my wife went on sunday! loaded at bull creek about 9. went to steam plant to catch her some junk fish. she caught a few skippys and white bass. i then decided to go bass fishing. i spent 3 hours in station camp and then in spencer creek. no luck at either place, only one bite total. given i didnt get to fish the spots i wanted to fish bc of the 30 mph wind. so we decided to go back to the steam plant. there were still about 30 boats and 2 yaks in there. (midtn and tx native! lol!) most bass guys were throwing jerk baits, as i was too. then a guy caught a 5 lb largemouth right in front of me. i changed baits and ended up with 7 bass. biggest was 3 and half. fun day, wife had a blast, but dissapointing for me bc i couldnt figure them out on main lake! hopefully i can get on them this weekend!

Reel Tune
02-16-2011, 12:06 PM
It was nice to meet you Whrizob. My wife and I went back out monday night for a couple hrs caught some big skippies, not as many as Sunday. Then trolled, and casted for other species, and no luck. Here soon it will be time to leave the steam plant and start fishing the smaller creeks, and rivers, I can't wait.

whrizob
02-16-2011, 12:10 PM
same here mid tn. was nice talking to ya'll sunday. and yeah i cant wait for the warmer water. it a whole new world fishing steam plant in the winter, lots of people!!! congrats on the fish! my wife told me that catching those skippys was her favorite fish to catch! lol! whatever makes her happy!

Travis C.
02-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Nice report man, it looks like another year has came then passed and I won't make it to the Steam Plant.