PDA

View Full Version : Center Hill

tjustin
02-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Went to center hill yesterday for an hour before dark , We fished with creek chubs off a deep bluff , After about 25 min of fishing fish started to surface on the water , then before i knew it i seen schools of bait fish swarming around on the top of the water. Then before i knew it there were bass exploding on them , right on the top of the water. We started to throw spinnerbaits at the schools of baitfish but nothing . I thought the fish stayed deep this time of year? The only reason i could think was we were fishing near some deep bluffs that got direct sunlight all day starting at sunrise , and on top of that the wind was blowing back that way all day.

Reel Tune
02-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. With the warmer temps over the past few days, and areas with direct sunlight the surface temps will start to warm. The bass will become more active recovering from the winter, and bulking up for spawn here in a couple months. Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time. I've found it more difficult to catch bass that are actively feeding on schools, but it can be done.

cdfishman
02-14-2011, 08:29 PM
How did you end up doing? I haven't been to the hill in a month, but I am going in the morning for a little while any suggestions lol.

tjustin
02-15-2011, 07:12 AM
How did you end up doing? I haven't been to the hill in a month, but I am going in the morning for a little while any suggestions lol.

We didnt get anything , We were using creekchubs that we had caught . Fishing around a couple standing trees in about 20 - 30 foot of water .
We fished a place called Hicky bottom If you know where that is?

fishfindergeneral
02-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Right now the FNF is on and we're catching them trolling from the surface down to about 80 ft or so. So it's safe to say thet are spread out through out the column...

cdfishman
02-15-2011, 08:00 PM
tjustin: I know the lake fairly good, but have never heard of hickey bottom is it on the lower or upper end of the lake?

Fishfinder: Are you catching them on the fly at center hill right now? I haven't tried that. I went today and zeroed, so any advice would be awesome. Are you catching good smallies or kys or largemouth? Send me a message of some secret spots lol.

tjustin
02-15-2011, 08:07 PM
tjustin: I know the lake fairly good, but have never heard of hickey bottom is it on the lower or upper end of the lake?

Fishfinder: Are you catching them on the fly at center hill right now? I haven't tried that. I went today and zeroed, so any advice would be awesome. Are you catching good smallies or kys or largemouth? Send me a message of some secret spots lol.
More upper lake .

cdfishman
02-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Any suggestions for the hill this weekend going go give it a try? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have heard that it is tough right now, but maybe they will cooperate a little saturday. If you have any secret spots or tips just pm me lol.