PDA

View Full Version : Gatlinburg Trout Fishing

ultralight61
02-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Went to Gatlinburg this past weekend to do some Trout fishing. Caught more than 50 Rainbows and all were of good size. Caught them in the heart of town as well as along the parkway. The Trout Magnet was the key to catching them and Bubble Gum was the best color to use. Check out the Trout Magnet web site www.troutmagnet.com (http://www.troutmagnet.com) . I was fishing my lure under a float 14 inches while talking to the game warden and he said he has never seen anything work as well as the TM. I have been fishing with Jeff's lures for years now and nothing else even comes close to catching as many fish as the TM does.

See you on the river
Ultralight61

robhal11
02-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Ultralight61 is right. He got me on the Trout Mag. a year or so ago and it is a great trout lure. I used them 2 weekends ago and caught huge skipjack over at the steam plant for stripers.

Travis C.
02-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Nice rainbow.

Looks like you may have been around by the Best Western.

They usually dump fish like that in there and even bigger sometimes around Oct once the DL starts.

You fish anywhere else up there? You mentioned the pkwy, ever try the pull off before the tunnel?

ultralight61
02-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Nice rainbow.

Looks like you may have been around by the Best Western.

They usually dump fish like that in there and even bigger sometimes around Oct once the DL starts.

You fish anywhere else up there? You mentioned the pkwy, ever try the pull off before the tunnel?
I was fishing right in front of No Way Jose's. Caught a few larger fish and seen some that were 18 to 20 in. Fish in front of the aquarium and the Peddler and a few spots on the parkway about halfway down from Gatlinburg.

Travis C.
02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
They usually release some of the brood stock out of thier hatchery about a week before the Delayed Harvest starts but after that week is up they are home free until around March or so.

I have been up there in December but had to work so not much play time in the water.

The reason I asked about the tunnel is we used to catch some really nice fish parking before it then walking down to the water in that stretch.

ultralight61
02-08-2011, 07:32 PM
They usually release some of the brood stock out of thier hatchery about a week before the Delayed Harvest starts but after that week is up they are home free until around March or so.

I have been up there in December but had to work so not much play time in the water.

The reason I asked about the tunnel is we used to catch some really nice fish parking before it then walking down to the water in that stretch.

Thanks Travis,
I have not fished the tunnel area but i will check it out. There is so much good water there its hard to fish it all. I will be going back in a few weeks and i will post the results of the tunnel area and others i fish as well.

See you on the river.
Ultralight61