PDA

View Full Version : Gsp 1/25/11

Jim
01-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi all,

I had a business meeting cancelled so I was able to get out fishing for a few hours this morning. I hit the stream plant to see if anything was biting. It was a light drizzle most of the morning, but nice and calm. 41 degrees at Flippers 52 at canal and main channel, 55 at the boils.

Skipjack were biting well at the mouth of the canal and ok up by the outlet. I was going to fish stripers but there were enough other boats out that I ended up doing a little of everything.

I caught bass, crappie, whites, yellows, and bluegill on small jigs on the bottom up in the canal. then I tried for stripers with skipjack, but nothing was biting. I only tried it for an hour or so. Maybe other folk were catching them but I saw no one catch any stripers. I then tried live shad for a bit and caught one bass and then lost a big bass right at the boat. I was using my long crappie rod and had a bit of trouble controlling it. Oh well, it sure looked good when it was rolling on the surface.

I made it back to work for the afternoon meetings. Kind of a slow bite compared to sometimes, but they are still there if you hunt around for them.

Jim