PDA

View Full Version : how do you get to the cumberland city steam plant

Dizzy
01-25-2011, 12:18 PM
im trying to go do some skipjack fish to stock up catfish.. everyone keeps telling me to go to the cumberland city steam plant.. How do you get there and how is the skipjack fishing out there because im not having the best of luck here in clarksville..

Travis C.
01-25-2011, 01:28 PM
From Clarksville take hwy 48 south towards Charlotte,Tn then once you cross the Cumberland there will be a hwy 149 west to Cumberland City on your right. That will take you all the way to the plant once you get to the plant you'll split off on the right go to the other side and there will be the discharge.

You should see people there once you get that far. I think there is even a little store right up the street that used to sell bait. Haven't been out there in a couple years so I don't know if it is still there with the economy as it is.

Chris S
01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
I was there yesterday for a few hours and caught only one skipjack. There was only one other person there trying to catch them but he didn't catch any. A couple of weeks ago they were biting really good. There was people leaving with coolers full of them. I hope they start biting again soon I need some more bait

txnative
01-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Stopped by the plant in cumberland city today around 130, skippies were absolutely everywhere. Lot of surface activity. Saw a few guys filling a cooler with skippies. I would definitely go as soon as conditions allow. Good luck.

Chris

Dizzy
01-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for all the information.. Hope the skipjack are bitting good by thursday.