PDA

View Full Version : steam plant discharge temp

BumbleBeeDriver
01-07-2011, 01:36 PM
New to this forum, glad to read all the great info here. I saw a gent say that the steam plant discharge channel temps were falling into the upper 50s. Anybody been today or if you go this weekend, I would love to know how the temp is behaving. going next weekend and this next week is supposed to be cold as heck.

Reel Tune
01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Last night I was reading low to mid 50's, it was dead out there. Good Luck.

aero320
01-08-2011, 09:50 PM
I was at the steam plant this afternoon and the water temp was just over 60 degrees in the area where the water is discharged. I free lined a couple skippys and first had a good hit on a 12" skippy then hooked a very good fish on a 11" skippy. Main line is 50 lbs. But I had a 20 lb. flourocarbon leader that broke off. The downscan showed baitfish packed in the channel just below the discharge.

Even though it was cold and windy today, fishing was not that uncomfortable. Biggest problem was reels kept freezing in the cold air and the ride back to the boat ramp right before dark was chilly.

jokerwld
01-10-2011, 05:30 AM
braved the cold yesterday and hit the GSP. Water temp was just under 60 degrees. Went looking for crappie and that was a bust but did manage about a 15lb rock fish and missed a second one. they were hitting skippies drifting.

clean air
01-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Man thats hard in 20 degrees.I used to do that but line and reels would break.I had a 30 pounder freeze before I could get it home one time.Sometimes the withdraws get to bad and you have to go.I am about there myself!Stripers are adictive!