PDA

View Full Version : Steam plant fishing and thanks

Jim
12-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Fished the steam plant today and figured I would give a report.

But first thanks Alex (forgot your screen name) for the crappie. My wife will cook them for breakfast tomorrow morning along with some biscuits and eggs. Yum! It was fun talking with you and we will have to make a trip together sometime soon.

I spent the afternoon fishing from 12 to 5 and the fishing was pretty slow compared to some days. I got some new spider fishing set ups for Christmas so I had to try them out. I have never tried it before so I figured the stream plant is a good place to learn and at least catch something. Well I did catch skippys, white bass, spotted bass, small stripers, but most of the time I was snagging things and drifting in circles as the wind was blowing against the current. Overall, I would say I am not good at spider rigging :D But practice always helps.

I did mark some striper on the sidescan, but did not get them to bite. I also cast net some shad, but most were really large 5 inches and bigger so they were not great to use with my light spider rigging rods.

Fun to get out and I am sure next time will be better,

Happy Holidays,
Jim

adawes11
12-30-2010, 09:57 PM
your welcome for the fish today Jim, it was great meeting you and talking. thanks for all the advice. had a great time out there caught some crappie and a bunch of skippies and learned a great deal. would love to fish with you anytime just send me a message or give me a call, your neighbor has my number or pm me and i'll send it to you.

whrizob
01-01-2011, 09:16 PM
well congrats on the fish you did catch mr. jim! i was wondering what the water temp was up that way?

Jim
01-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Whrizob,

The water temp around the stream plant canal was in the low 60's. I think it was 46 around flippers and 50 around the coal loading station. Sounds like your fishing is going well. I haven't been down below the dam in a few months, but it is always interesting to see what you might hook into down there.

Adawes11,

I will drop you a PM with my contact info and hopefully when I get another break in the work schedule we can hook up for a trip. A thanks again, the fish were excellent :)

whrizob
01-02-2011, 02:54 PM
thanks mr. jim! i have been blessed this winter! i usually stugle when its cold, but ive just tried to simplify it. its working so far! thanks for the water temps!