PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with an EcoDiesel?

XxthejuicexX
03-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Hey guys, looking into buying a Ram ecodiesel. I've found a couple 2016's I like and I've been reading and watching stuff for the last week or so. Anyone on here have actual experience with them? Seems like a great truck for pulling my boat as long as the engine holds up.

notorious
03-22-2022, 12:28 PM
Buddy had one, seemed the turbo something (?) happened to it. He had to put another one on it and decided to upgrade to an aftermarket HiPo model and oil cooler. Did the work himself in the shop in about an hour. He pulled a lightweight 5thWheel camper with it mostly around the south east and mid-west for work. As far as the engine internals, I believe it was stock other than peripheral's. I do recall him saying it did take a tuner to make it perform reasonably although.
On another note, one of my clients bought one off the showroom (2016) and never did a thing to it and he was happy with it.

Just a tidbit from what I know of them for whatever that was worth.

XxthejuicexX
03-22-2022, 02:04 PM
Buddy had one, seemed the turbo something (?) happened to it. He had to put another one on it and decided to upgrade to an aftermarket HiPo model and oil cooler. Did the work himself in the shop in about an hour. He pulled a lightweight 5thWheel camper with it mostly around the south east and mid-west for work. As far as the engine internals, I believe it was stock other than peripheral's. I do recall him saying it did take a tuner to make it perform reasonably although.
On another note, one of my clients bought one off the showroom (2016) and never did a thing to it and he was happy with it.

Just a tidbit from what I know of them for whatever that was worth.

Thank you, trying to find people who have them or know people. Seems like diesel forums are all doom and gloom.

Alan 54
03-27-2022, 09:23 AM
Thank you, trying to find people who have them or know people. Seems like diesel forums are all doom and gloom.

A friend of mine made bio for a while. He said the mpg was lower as well as the power. In the end he said it wasn't worth the hassle.

XxthejuicexX
03-28-2022, 11:54 AM
A friend of mine made bio for a while. He said the mpg was lower as well as the power. In the end he said it wasn't worth the hassle.

Sorry, Ram ecodiesel Truck. I have zero interest in making my own fuel.

Alan 54
03-28-2022, 04:52 PM
Sorry, Ram ecodiesel Truck. I have zero interest in making my own fuel.

HAHAHAHA That's what I get for answering while being tired