PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best Lake to break in new motor?

Adrian
01-03-2022, 11:14 PM
Got a new Nitro Z19 Pro coming in the next couple months. Looking for a wide open lake to run the break in the motor for first 2 hours portion. Don't want to do Priest or OH for obvious reasons.

Flatline
01-04-2022, 12:41 AM
The answer is obvious.... Center Hill. plenty of room not to get in the way and long enough to let'r rip without mess'n with others. Also its deep, clear water and fairly clear of debris

SalmonDaze
01-04-2022, 09:23 AM
Agree . . . Center Hill. Break out the longjohns.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/FxJvk.jpg

XxthejuicexX
01-04-2022, 11:07 AM
Center hill would be good. If you lived closer to Tims that would work too.

Adrian
01-04-2022, 03:37 PM
Center Hill in March sounds like a plan. Any particular area you would suggest launching?

Adrian
01-04-2022, 03:37 PM
Center hill would be good. If you lived closer to Tims that would work too.

If I was at TF, I'd be tempted to striper fish :)

XxthejuicexX
01-04-2022, 03:57 PM
If I was at TF, I'd be tempted to striper fish :)

The ole two birds, one stone.

SAMBOLIE
01-04-2022, 07:42 PM
Since you will not be setting speed records OH or Priest should suffice. Unless you plan to run wide open for many many miles.
Launch at the Heartland ramp and when you hit the Cumberland you can run wide open for miles in either direction.
DO NOT TROLL AT TOP SPEED !!!!

Adrian
01-05-2022, 01:50 PM
Since you will not be setting speed records OH or Priest should suffice. Unless you plan to run wide open for many many miles.
Launch at the Heartland ramp and when you hit the Cumberland you can run wide open for miles in either direction.
DO NOT TROLL AT TOP SPEED !!!!

I only troll at 60+ MPH!
I'm just looking to avoid the floating logs of OH, and the boulders of JPP.
Priest looks like Broadway these days. Dudes in camo everywhere you look!

SAMBOLIE
01-05-2022, 05:49 PM
I only troll at 60+ MPH!
I'm just looking to avoid the floating logs of OH, and the boulders of JPP.
Priest looks like Broadway these days. Dudes in camo everywhere you look!

:)

Heiny57
01-07-2022, 01:16 PM
I would think Preist would work, run from dam to Hobson bridge to dam to bridge. You get the picture. You won’t be going wide open anyway.

Halli
01-10-2022, 11:44 AM
Why not launch at 109 and go upriver for a very nice cruise.

FM flydog
01-11-2022, 09:39 AM
I agee with the Cumberland. Either Cheateam to Old Hickory or Old Hickory to Carthage.

Adrian
01-11-2022, 03:26 PM
I've just seen telephone poles floating in Old Hickory in the past. :p

XxthejuicexX
01-11-2022, 06:14 PM
I've just seen telephone poles floating in Old Hickory in the past. :p

This.

I've hit something on that lake about every trip I make. Fished a 4th of July tournament last year, hit something doing 60.

TroutFiend
01-11-2022, 07:51 PM
Definitely CenterHill or Dale Hollow, broke mine in this summer on CH in the middle of boating season with no issues. Old Hickory or Cumberland River would be a no…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notorious
01-11-2022, 07:56 PM
Dale Hollow, put in at Horse Creek and go to Dale Hollow State Park 30+nm. Find some shad in creek mouths and fish for SM for a bonus, by the end of the day you will have it basically broke in.

Halli
01-14-2022, 04:18 PM
Just go do what you normally do.

Today's engines are designed where tolerances are way tighter than the past hence break-in, although recommended are really more for gear meshing rather than rings.

I would still Break it in but would not worry so much about doing it in one day or even a week just have fun and don't fret the time.

Adrian
02-01-2022, 03:50 AM
My Dealer said it should be in at the end of March. Still having trouble getting some parts. Specifically an Ulterra 36v. I might have to run the Ghost until they get some Minn Kotas in. Since the Triton dealer is in Cookeville, I guess we'll just stop by Center Hill on the way home and do the first 2 hours at least. Haven't been there in years wouldn't know where to launch...

Headhunter
02-02-2022, 05:27 PM
My Dealer said it should be in at the end of March. Still having trouble getting some parts. Specifically an Ulterra 36v. I might have to run the Ghost until they get some Minn Kotas in. Since the Triton dealer is in Cookeville, I guess we'll just stop by Center Hill on the way home and do the first 2 hours at least. Haven't been there in years wouldn't know where to launch...

I would get the ghost and not worry about anything love mine. I have been a minn kota person for as long as I have ran boats. I decided to try a ghost and have zero regrets.

SAMBOLIE
02-03-2022, 06:23 PM
This.

I've hit something on that lake about every trip I make. Fished a 4th of July tournament last year, hit something doing 60.

Dang, never saw a log, telephone pole or other debris doing 60. Helluva current.