PDA

View Full Version : lower gear case and engine serviced

Alan 54
12-15-2021, 11:02 PM
A friend has a 2016 250hp 2 stroke Mercury. He was told he needed a seal kit in the lower gearcase. I suggested an impeller while they were in there. He was quoted 3 hours labor and $85 for the kit. Probably close to $400 when done. I have never worked on a Mercury before so I have no idea if this sounded right. 3 hours sounds a bit long to me. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, what would be included in an engine service? Thanks.

tkwalker
12-24-2021, 11:45 AM
A friend has a 2016 250hp 2 stroke Mercury. He was told he needed a seal kit in the lower gearcase. I suggested an impeller while they were in there. He was quoted 3 hours labor and $85 for the kit. Probably close to $400 when done. I have never worked on a Mercury before so I have no idea if this sounded right. 3 hours sounds a bit long to me. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, what would be included in an engine service? Thanks.

Alan. This does not sound unreasonable for that motor this day in time. Contact Larry Hagan @ 615-289-8620 for a quote. TK