PDA

View Full Version : Steam plant

white95v6
12-12-2021, 08:31 PM
I heard a rumor they are no longer discharging warm water. Is this true?

SalmonDaze
12-13-2021, 09:45 AM
Correct. Brandon has declared that henceforth all power plants will discharge only "cool" water so as to limit "global warming."

That is all.

sorry . . . couldn't resist. :D

tkwalker
12-13-2021, 12:10 PM
I heard a rumor they are no longer discharging warm water. Is this true?

After working there for 13 years and knowing the process. I don't think so unless the turbines are off line. TK

SAMBOLIE
12-13-2021, 12:39 PM
If you heard it on the street it is probably not true.

If you read it on the internet is is probably factual.

skillet
12-13-2021, 02:09 PM
It’s not near as warm as used to be before the new scrubber system. The steam plant discharge has been significantly cooler and the water coming out is only a few degrees warmer than the rest of the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX
12-13-2021, 09:44 PM
That's interesting. I've not been up there in years. Last few times I went not to many fish were caught.

white95v6
12-14-2021, 01:46 PM
Tks for the info... was trying to decide if I should head that way next month.

Alan 54
12-14-2021, 11:17 PM
Correct. Brandon has declared that henceforth all power plants will discharge only "cool" water so as to limit "global warming."

That is all.

sorry . . . couldn't resist. :D

That got me laughing so hard I farted....LOL Now Brandon wants me to go stand with the cows....geez !!!

Halli
12-15-2021, 09:51 AM
Scrubbers are for smoke it helps drop particulates from the smoke, where water discharge are from the coolers that cool off steam and then gets returned to the origin which is Old Hickory lake.

So there will be some heat still entering the lake but they may have added better ways of cooling the water discharge.

skillet
12-15-2021, 10:20 PM
Scrubbers are for smoke it helps drop particulates from the smoke, where water discharge are from the coolers that cool off steam and then gets returned to the origin which is Old Hickory lake.

So there will be some heat still entering the lake but they may have added better ways of cooling the water discharge.

Whatever they did, the water is not anywhere near as warm as it was 3+ years ago. It really sucks. I enjoyed fishing there in the winter.

Flatline
12-16-2021, 04:11 PM
I never could figure ho to get back there with the waters being so shallow

skillet
12-16-2021, 08:11 PM
I never could figure ho to get back there with the waters being so shallow

Send it! There’s only one or two places depending on lake level that’s sketchy