PDA

View Full Version : Health Update "Cancer Chaser" TK

tkwalker
02-05-2020, 01:39 AM
Hi folks ... Here is the latest ... I have been holding off on any updates until I entered my next step of the unknown... Well today was my first day of meeting my Oncologist... And what an Awesome experience. I have been wondering what was taking so long for the Tennessee Oncology to contact me since my Kidney removal via Urology Associates. Dr. Hawkins said he would coordinate the followup ... Well I know now and WOW ! What a surprise...

My Oncologist is Dr. Stephen Schleicher M.D., M.B.A. (SlyKer), A young man and well educated .. and smart as a whip.. and a good Tennessee boy with a bedside manner of a saint... Education:Medical School – Vanderbilt School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, Business School – Harvard Business School, Boston, MA, Residency – Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, Fellowship – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY.

What I learned today is that Dr. Schleicher has been doing in depth research on my type of Kidney Cancer for the last two weeks . Like I have mentioned before Sarcomatoid cancer is rare for Kidneys, only 1% to 2% of this type of cancer and it is very aggressive .. When I say research he has communicated with his colleague's from Harvard (school mates) as well as Vanderbilt on this particular cancer.

Next step .. This Friday I will have a full body cat-scan to determine if there is any of the Sarcoma cells left in my body after the Kidney removal and next Tuesday I will meet with Dr. Steve to go over the results ...

Here are the options ... #1. If no evidence of the cancer is evident I will go to Vanderbilt for a FDA approved trial for preventive measures.. IV every three weeks .. No chemo or radiation side effects ... #2. if cancer is present ... a new FDA approved drug that works in your immune system .. No chemo or radiation side effects.

So at this stage I feel good do to the fact that I am in the loop either way ... You can only fight the devil you know ... I'll keep you updated .. Keep me in you Prayers and Thoughts .. and two fingers of Single Malt Scotch is always welcome .... LOLLLL ... TK:eek:

SAMBOLIE
02-05-2020, 09:15 AM
TK, if friends can get you well there is no doubt you will see Option #1.

We are all pulling for you.

wormdunker
02-06-2020, 09:21 PM
Sounds like a great doc! That makes a huge difference. Wishing you good results and a speedy recovery! Will keep you in my prayers and will raise a dram of scotch to you!

Flatline
02-07-2020, 12:07 AM
Have my fingers crossed

Alphahawk
02-07-2020, 03:23 PM
Praying for you TK.

Regards