PDA

View Full Version : Still fishing...just not as often.

Alphahawk
06-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Hit Nickajack Sunday morning for a couple of hours. Was looking for Gills but did not find a single one. I did however find KY bass and crappie. I caught around 3 dozen KY bass at the 11 inch mark....26 crappie all between 11-12 inches....nice chunky fish.....and one really fat KY bass. I was using the Tict Ice Cube Mebaru UL rod and had my reel spooled up with SOS 2# test line and a Bison colored Trout Magnet tied on a 1/16 ounce ball jig head. It was an absolute blast. I wasn't after crappie or Spots...but you have to take what the lake gives you. Around 60 fish in a little under 3 hours made for a great day. Oh yeah....those spots be "Diggin".....put up a great great fight. Life is good!

Regards

Schleprock
06-27-2017, 09:24 PM
Hit Nickajack Sunday morning for a couple of hours. Was looking for Gills but did not find a single one. I did however find KY bass and crappie. I caught around 3 dozen KY bass at the 11 inch mark....26 crappie all between 11-12 inches....nice chunky fish.....and one really fat KY bass. I was using the Tict Ice Cube Mebaru UL rod and had my reel spooled up with SOS 2# test line and a Bison colored Trout Magnet tied on a 1/16 ounce ball jig head. It was an absolute blast. I wasn't after crappie or Spots...but you have to take what the lake gives you. Around 60 fish in a little under 3 hours made for a great day. Oh yeah....those spots be "Diggin".....put up a great great fight. Life is good!

Regards
Is that near Hales Barr? my buddy swears by that lake, he has caught a 10 and several 8s over the last two years , I fished there early spring and got hit with a monster lightning storm two hours in , caught 3 decent largemouth before the storm hit , really want to get back again

Alphahawk
06-27-2017, 09:32 PM
Is that near Hales Barr? my buddy swears by that lake, he has caught a 10 and several 8s over the last two years , I fished there early spring and got hit with a monster lightning storm two hours in , caught 3 decent largemouth before the storm hit , really want to get back again

It is not far from Hales Bar. I don't fish for largemouth but have caught so many crappie from Nickajack I have lost count. When I fish for crappie in the fall...early winter....I have had huge largemouth come up and grab 9 inch Gills and crappie right as I get them almost out of the water at least once each trip down. They have some pigs down there.

Regards

deezelteck
06-27-2017, 09:59 PM
Nice! Fill the freezer in one trip.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk