PDA

View Full Version : Caney Fork question

jon1977
06-21-2017, 07:45 AM
I am going to be on vacation July 7-14. I plan on fishing the Caney all week. I usually wade fish no generation or fish up by the dam if they are running 2 gens a lot due to rain. My question is this: I have been watching the generation schedule for the last week and it appears they are pulse generating 1 generator part of the day and running one solid for 10-12 hours. So the water is probably not going to be falling out at all or stay high. My question is does anyone have any tips on fishing from the bank during these conditions? The lake level is still fairly high and I'm afraid they are going to continue to draw it down. I need to find someway to adapt and still be able to fish.

Thanks,

Jon

tcintn
06-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Plus,be aware that this past week the schedule has changed during the day. Yesterday it was suppose to be no generating between 8AM and 1PM.It got changed while I was way down river to 11AM. So keep your ears open for the horn and keep checking the web.

TroutFiend
06-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Sent you a PM

jon1977
06-23-2017, 12:04 PM
I just noticed they have the sluice gate open at the dam according to the website. Not looking good at all for my vacation.

Pinwheeled
06-23-2017, 05:32 PM
I just noticed they have the sluice gate open at the dam according to the website. Not looking good at all for my vacation.

Just the extra constant 250 from the sluice doesn't amount to a whole lot flow wise. But when they start generating, the sluice is about the same as another generator running and it gets dangerous around the dam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk