PDA

View Full Version : Normandy report

Transplanted Sportsman
06-14-2017, 06:12 AM
I hit Normandy For first time since February, I put in at the dam and stuck to trolling crankbaits of all kinds to see if there was anything out there willing to bite, I had 2 spots in 5 hrs, one was a nice 3.5 lb and fat, lost another fish right after hooking up the bigger one, i did not mark a lot of fish on the helix, and got a good sun burn, felt good to be out even if it wasn't a banner day, water temp was 73 to 75 deg, may try again next week and bring my ultralight to try some TM'S

On a side note, do any of you knows about a good, safe ramp to put in in the Cumberland between OH and Cordell Hull about mid way, would like to try for a multi species day pretty soon, thanks

XxthejuicexX
06-14-2017, 07:44 AM
Sounds about right for Normandy.

Buccaneer
06-14-2017, 08:16 AM
There is a ramp at the 231 bridge north of Lebanon on the south side of the river. There is a ramp in Rome at the Rome Access Area on Sulphur Branch. I can't vouch for security but I know people that have launched at both and have had no problems.

Texas_Rig
06-14-2017, 08:22 AM
There is a ramp at the 231 bridge north of Lebanon on the south side of the river. There is a ramp in Rome at the Rome Access Area on Sulphur Branch. I can't vouch for security but I know people that have launched at both and have had no problems.

I've launched at the hunters point(231) ramp quite a few times and never had any issues.

skillet
06-14-2017, 08:44 AM
Had the tag on my truck stolen at the Rome access ramp🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headhunter
06-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Many years ago used to go to Normandy in June, July. Awesome lake for schooled bass in deep water. We used to absolutely wear them out. Texas rig worm mostly. I just have not went back in years.

Transplanted Sportsman
06-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the replies fellas will give these places a look,
Juice I normally do better than this catching good size crappies trolling, although you may not catch a limit, you would also load up on spots, but in the last couples of years it has not been the case and that's why I starting venturing to priest since I work in Smyrna now.
Head hunter I have never really fished for Bass the way its supposed to be done, I guess once I caught the crappie bug never looked back

lforet2002
06-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Theres also Taylors landing off 141 in Hartsville. Never had a problem there.

Transplanted Sportsman
06-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Theres also Taylors landing off 141 in Hartsville. Never had a problem there.

Thanks, I'll check this place out too!