PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on OH

thehick176
06-10-2017, 05:46 PM
OH Walleye are on 🔥. Fished up river from Barton's creek with crankbaits on the river.

skillet
06-10-2017, 09:06 PM
Dude, that's awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNewsome
06-11-2017, 02:01 PM
Awesome. I live within one mile of Barton's Creek boat ramp. Would love to know more about catching walleye, especially on crank baits. Did you catch them in the creek or in the main river channel? Deep divers? Any tips appreciated.

Saltwaterwalt
06-11-2017, 03:08 PM
The only walleyes I ever catch in the south are by accident while fishing for something else! LOL

thehick176
06-11-2017, 04:20 PM
I caught them on the main river. Any channel ledge or humps you can find should have fish close by. There are shad all over the lake right from the backs of creeks out to the main river.
I was fishing one of my usual bass spots with a Strike king 6xd and caught Walleye, Striper, and White Bass but not a single bass. Hard to complain about that I guess lol.
TNewsome I put in at Barton's all the time because I live right down the road, we have probably​ crossed paths at one time or another.

agelesssone
06-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Apparently you know Barton''s creek pretty well.
I've launched there twice and don't like the stumps in the launch zone.
Were you casting or trolling the 6 XD?
Any idea what the depth you were reaching with the cranker?
And was the action late in the evening? Dusk or dark?
Sorry for so many questions, but my wife is bugging me to catch some walleye and I'm always on Priest which has zero walleyes.

thehick176
06-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Yeah the stumps aren't so bad once you figure out how the channel runs. We were casting 5X and 6XD's and hitting bottom from 12-18ft deep. Once it hit bottom, a stop and go retrieve worked best. We fished from 11 until 3 in the afternoon.

TNewsome
06-11-2017, 08:46 PM
Awesome info. I usually fish Priest but need to learn Bartons. Info like this is helpful. Thanks.

TnCreekMaster
06-11-2017, 09:13 PM
The first time I ever went up barons creek I ran up on a mud flat a couple turns before the ramp near the big community dock on the right heading up the creek. You definitely want to stay close to the left side there I added the channel marker icons on the navionics app so check it out if your not familiar with it the upper end is a little tricky.

Tyler

Adrian
06-12-2017, 02:56 AM
Guess everybody will be stacked up at Barton's Creek tomorrow. See you there :)

Texas_Rig
06-12-2017, 03:45 AM
The first time I ever went up barons creek I ran up on a mud flat a couple turns before the ramp near the big community dock on the right heading up the creek. You definitely want to stay close to the left side there I added the channel marker icons on the navionics app so check it out if your not familiar with it the upper end is a little tricky.

Tyler

Do not run on plane in the back 1/2 of Bartons creek if you aren't familiar with the creek or have a good mapping chip. You will get your feelings hurt. I know that creek really well so I will run it. When I do; people look at me like I'm crazy because they think I'm in a foot of water. It's doable but you better know it well.

ROBMO
06-13-2017, 02:48 PM
OH Walleye are on ��. Fished up river from Barton's creek with crankbaits on the river.

Nice job! What was the water temp on the river channel?

thehick176
06-13-2017, 04:02 PM
Channel was 73-74 degrees with some good current flow. Just keep an eye out on the main river because there are some big logs floating around right now.

Halli
06-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Be advised that Barton's Creek is now closed to the public
and a TVA TSP-613 is now needed.

But I hear Priest is hot as hell so heck why worry!!!

goldspoon
06-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Are you catching them on a bright sunny day? I'm hoping to get out this weekend if it is not storming to bad.

XxthejuicexX
06-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Be advised that Barton's Creek is now closed to the public
and a TVA TSP-613 is now needed.

But I hear Priest is hot as hell so heck why worry!!!

I did hear that Priest Walleye were on fire. Catching them on humps in 8-40 FOW.

90titans89
06-15-2017, 09:48 AM
Guess everybody will be stacked up at Barton's Creek tomorrow. See you there :)

There are no fish from Barton's to Misty Cove.....much better on the lower end of the lake :D

Texas_Rig
06-15-2017, 10:29 PM
Caught this nice walleye at Dale Hollow last night on a speed worm

TNBronzeback
06-16-2017, 12:12 AM
Caught this nice walleye at Dale Hollow last night on a speed worm

Thats a fine walleye there! great eats too! dont forget to cut out the cheeks and fry them up too!

TNBronzeback
06-16-2017, 12:18 AM
I did hear that Priest Walleye were on fire. Catching them on humps in 8-40 FOW.

I think you are telling fish stories my friend. Anybody worth thier salt on priest KNOWS the walleyes on priest are only on your massive, deep weedflats consistiting of coontail and hydrilla. Basically you want to troll your baits BELOW the king salmon, but above the northern pike that also inhabit those deep weeds. And that depth is usually between 45-65'. Come on man.....i cant stand guys like you that purposely steer guys in the wrong direction by feeding them bad info. Hang your head in shame.

XxthejuicexX
06-16-2017, 07:45 AM
I think you are telling fish stories my friend. Anybody worth thier salt on priest KNOWS the walleyes on priest are only on your massive, deep weedflats consistiting of coontail and hydrilla. Basically you want to troll your baits BELOW the king salmon, but above the northern pike that also inhabit those deep weeds. And that depth is usually between 45-65'. Come on man.....i cant stand guys like you that purposely steer guys in the wrong direction by feeding them bad info. Hang your head in shame.

See, this is why we can't have nice things. You just open your mouth and give away all the secret spots. Now I am going to have to go back to Normandy.

hunterchub
06-22-2017, 04:26 PM
OH Walleye are on ��. Fished up river from Barton's creek with crankbaits on the river.

So, how many walleye do you catch that day? If they are ON surely you caught more than the one you had in picture. I also have caught a few down river of Bartons Creek. I always try the bluffs. Chub

thehick176
06-22-2017, 08:23 PM
We had 2 from the spot where I caught the one in the picture that day. I had three trips in a row where we caught at least one Walleye, they have all came on crankbaits. Strike King XD's or 300 series Bandits.
Now last weekend was totally different conditions. High dirty water and tons of debris in the river. We ended up bass fishing in the creeks and creek mouths and did pretty good. The river temps before last weekend were 74-75 now it's 67-68.