PDA

View Full Version : Friday frog and toad action on JPP

snowman
06-09-2017, 11:13 PM
Hit the water from 330 to 7 this afternoon. Fish were agressive and attacking the frog and toad. Ended up with 8 the biggest being 18 inches.

Saltwaterwalt
06-10-2017, 09:00 AM
Yep, topwater has been steady on JPP. Caught this one on bank of Bear Island. Does anybody know what the black on the fins is? I see Snowman's bass also have some black streaking on them.

Alphahawk
06-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Yep, topwater has been steady on JPP. Caught this one on bank of Bear Island. Does anybody know what the black on the fins is? I see Snowman's bass also have some black streaking on them.

This is from Missouri Wildlife resources.

"There are multiple causes of black spots in fish (flukes can cause black spots, for example). Melanosis is not an infection but an increase in the melanin in the skin. It appears as small to large black patches of skin".

This is common on quite a few lakes. At Williamsport Lakes it is even common on the bluegill.

Reards

Texas_Rig
06-10-2017, 05:40 PM
It's very common. I have no idea what the black spots are but in my experience the fish with those spots always look very healthy

thehick176
06-10-2017, 05:51 PM
I see more black spots on bass during major season changes whether it be from winter to spring or fall to winter

snowman
06-10-2017, 11:02 PM
It's very common. I have no idea what the black spots are but in my experience the fish with those spots always look very healthy

Your right..The fish was very healthy and swam away strong