PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow

jallen67
06-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Wife and I rented a cabin at Dale Hollow and we're renting a boat at Eagle's Cove. Any tips for fishing out here (I rarely fish out of boat so anything will help)? I know dale Hollow is famous for smallmouth. What usually works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schleprock
06-08-2017, 10:50 PM
Wife and I rented a cabin at Dale Hollow and we're renting a boat at Eagle's Cove. Any tips for fishing out here (I rarely fish out of boat so anything will help)? I know dale Hollow is famous for smallmouth. What usually works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBH its a tough lake to fish for even most people who fish there regurlarly, myself I struck out there twice until I fished last winter with live bait, depending on the time of summer you get there and are on a boat without any electronics your best best would likely trail a float and fly rig while you throw a jig, spinner or chatterbait in any cover you can find

Shaugh
06-09-2017, 02:28 PM
I agree a tough lake to find fish sometimes.. you can't go too wrong by pulling up Navionics and finding the fish symbols though...

https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@13&key=qih~Elw_hO

We did pretty good one day just fishing around that long island in front of Eagle Cove.

https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@13&key=mto~ExkigO

notorious
06-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Dale Hollow Lake Tennessee Fishing Report: 07 June 2017
Dale Hollow
Reservoir Conditions: Fishing is fair and the water temperature is 76 degrees. The water level is high and at 652 feet.
Smallmouth Bass: A few good smallmouths are being caught at night while using spinnerbaits on rocky points in 10 feet of water.
Largemouth Bass: Several largemouths are being caught while fishing soft plastics around fallen trees and grass in 15 feet of water.
Walleye: A few walleye are being caught while trolling deep running crankbaits on flats in 20 feet of water.
Shellcracker and Bluegill: Lots of nice fish are being caught on night crawlers around willow bushes in 15 feet of water.
Trout: A few trout are being caught while trolling with spoons in 25 feet of water near the dam.

Texas_Rig
06-10-2017, 05:46 PM
I disagree with the report. At least at night, the fishing seems to be on fire. The hard part is finding the spots with the right ingredients. That the edge of a flat with grass in 8-12 fow. The grass needs to be patchy or have holes in it. Im sure the fish are everywhere in the grass but those bare spots allow you to fish it effectively. I have a tip that may sound crazy but it works. Throw a rattletrap in that thick grass. You will need a heavy rod, heavy line, and strong hooks. You will be doing a lot of jerking the bait out of the grass. It's tiresome but if your up for the challenge I think it will be well worth your time.