PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance HDS Touch Map Problem

Adrian
06-03-2017, 04:02 PM
First off, No, I do not have Navionics yet, all I have is the internal map on the Lowrance HDS Touch...

On my Lowrance Map when I'm on Old Hickory, I can clearly see the channel marked in blue. On Thursday when I got to J. Percy Priest the map showed No channel, no blue whatsoever. I have the latest software/firmware update. I'm confused! It's not a setting, all I did was use my finger to scroll down from OH map to view the JPP map.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg582/adriandavidpayne/Maps_zpszvtbf3ux.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/adriandavidpayne/media/Maps_zpszvtbf3ux.jpg.html)

Adrian
06-04-2017, 12:16 PM
I must have bought the only Lowrance HDS Touch in town...

Texas_Rig
06-04-2017, 03:08 PM
Lol. I don't own one nor have experience with one

Dakota
06-04-2017, 06:26 PM
In your maps check the imagery setting and make sure its on 2D and not the shaded relief. I'm thinking that will solve the problem.

spottedbass
06-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Hmm, I haven't used the internal map. I have the Navionics card. I'll have to look at it.

deezelteck
06-05-2017, 09:20 AM
I have a HDS 7 gen2 touch units also, it is exactly the same. I get a blurry map without the channel marked out, until I zoom in pretty close..

Adrian
06-05-2017, 01:38 PM
I don't know why Old Hickory channel shows up & Percy Priest does not. It's all the same settings, I just moved the cursor from lake to lake.

ALANRAYG2
06-05-2017, 03:01 PM
I don't know why Old Hickory channel shows up & Percy Priest does not. It's all the same settings, I just moved the cursor from lake to lake.
I have two gen 2 touch. I'll go out try it and see what it does with the lowrance mapping . I also have a navionics card. I'll get back with you later. Also call Lowrance tech support. Might be a few minutes with them. Make sure you can be near your unit and all powered up.

Buccaneer
06-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Could be because Old Hickory is a commercial waterway for barge traffic. However it would seem your map should automatically pull up JPP when you turn your unit on at the ramp. I have Navionics + so I'm sorry, not much help.

tkwalker
06-05-2017, 09:44 PM
I have two gen 2 touch. I'll go out try it and see what it does with the lowrance mapping . I also have a navionics card. I'll get back with you later. Also call Lowrance tech support. Might be a few minutes with them. Make sure you can be near your unit and all powered up.

Good luck talking to any Lowrance Tech support and get a satisfactory answer to your problem .. Oh yea! did I mention you had better have your credit card ready!! $$$$ ... I learned many years ago .. The H-Bird has the best tech support around !! ... As well as products .... <'TK><:)

TNBronzeback
06-05-2017, 10:39 PM
Yeah i tried calling them today. Now maybe its cause my elite 7 chirp is a few years old, or its outdated or i didnt spend $2k on it but shy of giving me the time of day, they werent too willing to assist me. Ive updated with all lowrance offers on that unit, even reset to factory settings and its still just a $500 bow ornament.
Whats really bad, is ive talked down about it so bad i cant even sell it on here with a good conscience! LOL.
99% of my problem with the unit is that it freezes. Sometimes sporadically, other times you can set an atomic clock by it.....every 20 seconds FOR 20 seconds. Try precision fishing brush and rock humps with that mess to contend with. Lol.
Aside from that, its a decent unit, good DI quality.

spottedbass
06-06-2017, 06:59 AM
99% of my problem with the unit is that it freezes.
Are you sure you don't have a power issue. I had an Elite 7 and it would freeze up too. Turned out I had a problem with my power supply coming from the battery. I fixed that and no more freezing up.

TNBronzeback
06-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Are you sure you don't have a power issue. I had an Elite 7 and it would freeze up too. Turned out I had a problem with my power supply coming from the battery. I fixed that and no more freezing up.
If i didnt have the same problem on 2 different boats, wiring and batteries....i would think that as well. It wasnt always like that. On my old boat, i bought new wire, fuse, ect. No splices, about 12' of wire. Worked flawless for just over a year then it started going screwy. Plus i have a garmin on the same batteries and no issues of any kind.
It is what it is, its not getting fixed and im not replacing it anytime soon...so the struggle is real. Lol