PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Big 'Uns :)

Adrian
06-02-2017, 11:50 AM
The Wife & I had a good day on JPP June 1st. Per Sambolie & Merv's advice, we went out of Fate Sanders, granted it was the only part of the lake getting rained on the moment we pulled up :) Regardless, the bite was red hot. We headed down to Bryant's Grove, marked some fish down deep and tossed a Carolina rig to no avail. We slipped into a shallow cove and caught a dozen in about a 50 yard stretch. The first one I caught was a beer bellied fatty, then the wife pulled in her little brother. All fish were caught in about 2' of water on weightless wacky rigged watermelon senkos. Good Times!

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg582/adriandavidpayne/June%20Bass_zpsqltdqxel.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/adriandavidpayne/media/June%20Bass_zpsqltdqxel.jpg.html)

jaybird
06-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Nice fish man. Sounds like a good trip

Adrian
06-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Thanks man. Fishing on OH is so bad, I don't mind the drive...

Jlg309
06-02-2017, 05:01 PM
I was out there yesterday evening. Wall of rain south of Hong Kong Island, and not a drop anywhere North. Definitely a good fishing day.

Adrian
06-02-2017, 05:07 PM
I was out there yesterday evening. Wall of rain south of Hong Kong Island, and not a drop anywhere North. Definitely a good fishing day.

You're absolutely right. The sky was split right down the middle. We launched, went north a couple hundred yards, Sunshine :)

XxthejuicexX
06-02-2017, 06:59 PM
I wish I had the patience to fish a senko, I tried.

Adrian
06-02-2017, 07:25 PM
I wish I had the patience to fish a senko, I tried.

Who needs patience when they bite every other cast? :D

CreekFreak
06-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Those are a nice size!Beautifully fish too,some guys know how to find them!

Gone fishing
06-02-2017, 09:18 PM
Yep I was on the north side of the bridge and never got a drop, but I could see the rain wall. We had to of passed one another I'd imagine and you're correct the bite was insane yesterday... Congrats on the big bass! What you think the big one weighed?

Adrian
06-03-2017, 12:14 PM
It was pushing 23" lip to tail, & 15 inch girth. I don't have a scale anymore since the Catfish debacle of 2015.... I bet we passed each other at some point. We're hard to miss, we'd be the bright Red Boat with the Smokin' Hot Chick on board :) hehe

fairweatherfisherman
06-03-2017, 05:22 PM
I always enjoy your reports, but especially this time of year. Thanks

Gone fishing
06-03-2017, 05:56 PM
It was pushing 23" lip to tail, & 15 inch girth. I don't have a scale anymore since the Catfish debacle of 2015.... I bet we passed each other at some point. We're hard to miss, we'd be the bright Red Boat with the Smokin' Hot Chick on board :) hehe

LOL...Nice that'd probably be about a 7lber. I'll stop to say hi next time I see her and you...

massman
06-03-2017, 11:14 PM
those are some great fish

ttitan27
06-05-2017, 08:28 AM

I was there that day as well. Pulling cranks for crappie. Passed by you guys near the bridge as I was changing locations. Sounds like the bass bite was better than the crappie that afternoon. For me anyway.

unkangler
06-05-2017, 09:17 AM
The Wife & I had a good day on JPP June 1st. Per Sambolie & Merv's advice, we went out of Fate Sanders, granted it was the only part of the lake getting rained on the moment we pulled up :) Regardless, the bite was red hot. We headed down to Bryant's Grove, marked some fish down deep and tossed a Carolina rig to no avail. We slipped into a shallow cove and caught a dozen in about a 50 yard stretch. The first one I caught was a beer bellied fatty, then the wife pulled in her little brother. All fish were caught in about 2' of water on weightless wacky rigged watermelon senkos. Good Times!

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg582/adriandavidpayne/June%20Bass_zpsqltdqxel.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/adriandavidpayne/media/June%20Bass_zpsqltdqxel.jpg.html)

Those are some gorgeous big un's and the fish are trophy's for sure. Nice when you try a new lake and score like that! ... thanks for posting, always enjoy your posts.

Adrian
06-05-2017, 01:42 PM
I was there that day as well. Pulling cranks for crappie. Passed by you guys near the bridge as I was changing locations. Sounds like the bass bite was better than the crappie that afternoon. For me anyway.

Yeah, we stopped at the Bridge to have a snack while we downlined a couple of shad. No takers though. The Bass were hot and heavy, if we had it to do over we would have just stuck with wacky worming the shallows all day :)

Adrian
06-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Those are some gorgeous big un's and the fish are trophy's for sure. Nice when you try a new lake and score like that! ... thanks for posting, always enjoy your posts.

Thanks Man. More reports to come, hopefully involving some Big Ole Stripers!