PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow night time bassin'

Texas_Rig
06-01-2017, 04:35 AM
Just got home from my first night time fishing trip of the year. We went to Dale hollow and crushed them. We caught everything on a black 3/4 spinnerbait in 8-12 fow fishing grass. I was just fishing my spinnerbait like I would fish any texas rig. Just hop it off the bottom. My buddy and I both lost monster smallmouths at the boat. Mine was around 5lbs and it just came off at the boat. His was definitely bigger than mine and his knot came untied at the boat. I think I'm going back again tonight.

SAMBOLIE
06-01-2017, 06:28 AM
Nice fish. What a great way to spend the night.

spottedbass
06-01-2017, 07:03 AM
Heck of a great night.

Gone fishing
06-01-2017, 07:11 AM
Dang good night! I been wanting to get up there forever but haven't made a trip up there yet. Where's a good place to put in at and not have to make to long of a run if you don't mind me asking?

Texas_Rig
06-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Dang good night! I been wanting to get up there forever but haven't made a trip up there yet. Where's a good place to put in at and not have to make to long of a run if you don't mind me asking?

The last 2 times I put in at Holly Creek. I used about 2 gallons of gas the first trip and less than 2 gallons last night. You don't have to go far to find some good fish. There are some islands just outside the creek, and we fished that area both times. The first trip our best 5 bass weighed 19lbs 7 oz with mostly largemouth. Last night our best five weighed 18lbs 4oz with mostly smallmouth. Fishing submerged grass has been the key. If you know how to use your sonar then you should have no problems finding productive water. The best areas have been where the grass is a little more patchy and no soo thick. The key depth for us has been 8-12 fow. Hope this helps.

Texas_Rig
06-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Nice fish. What a great way to spend the night.

Thank you and it was a fun night. I only called it quits bc my arms were sore from yanking that spinnerbait out of the grass constantly

commdd
06-01-2017, 12:23 PM
good report, thanks for sharing! congratulations

Halli
06-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Nice smallies.
Do Ya'll use Black lights?

skillet
06-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Killing me smalls!!! Hope I can get into a few nice fish tomorrow night. I don't night fish for bass often. But I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow on old hickory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAMBOLIE
06-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Thank you and it was a fun night. I only called it quits bc my arms were sore from yanking that spinnerbait out of the grass constantly

My arm is sore------------from yanking my bait loose from all the rocks.

Gone fishing
06-01-2017, 11:06 PM
The last 2 times I put in at Holly Creek. I used about 2 gallons of gas the first trip and less than 2 gallons last night. You don't have to go far to find some good fish. There are some islands just outside the creek, and we fished that area both times. The first trip our best 5 bass weighed 19lbs 7 oz with mostly largemouth. Last night our best five weighed 18lbs 4oz with mostly smallmouth. Fishing submerged grass has been the key. If you know how to use your sonar then you should have no problems finding productive water. The best areas have been where the grass is a little more patchy and no soo thick. The key depth for us has been 8-12 fow. Hope this helps.

Very much so! Thanks for the help!

Texas_Rig
06-02-2017, 02:47 AM
Nice smallies.
Do Ya'll use Black lights?

Thx. No I personally don't use blacklights.

Texas_Rig
06-02-2017, 02:50 AM
Killing me smalls!!! Hope I can get into a few nice fish tomorrow night. I don't night fish for bass often. But I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow on old hickory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck. Your pm gave me the idea to go at night. So thanks for that