PDA

View Full Version : Local Pond Fishing(Murfreesboro)

Beneficial
05-28-2017, 09:17 AM
Hello all!

I'm trying to search for the quickest and easiest spot to fish some large mouth with my youngest nephew. I know of the small rivers like the greenway, & and nice mill dam. But no ponds! The only pond I've heard about is Chelsea Place. So I decided to drive there today and on a huge sign is "No Public Fishing" So is the pond only accessed by apartment renters? I've seen people fishing even kayaking. I'm just trying to avoid confrontation with the owners especially being my nephews first time.

tkwalker
05-29-2017, 11:13 AM
Thanks for joining our Forum. I doubt you will find much interaction and information on Farm Ponds or Ponds in General. Usually They are on private property and stocked via the $$ of the owner. Your best bet would be to check out the many State Ran Small lakes like the one at Lone Hunter State Park for example.There are a number of Members who frequent these Lakes and would be glad to help you with your quest. Also you can go to the TN.gov website and find out more on the locations .... <'TK><:)

Schleprock
05-29-2017, 05:15 PM
Sometimes its better to ask for forgiveness than permission ;)

My rule of thumb is the sign, if it says resident fishing only or no fishing I roll the dice, if it says No Trespassing or violaters prosecuted I don't

SAMBOLIE
05-29-2017, 06:25 PM
Sometimes its better to ask for forgiveness than permission ;)

My rule of thumb is the sign, if it says resident fishing only or no fishing I roll the dice, if it says No Trespassing or violaters prosecuted I don't

I avoid those that read: NO TRESPASSING - SURVIVORS WILL BE PROSECUTED.

XxthejuicexX
05-29-2017, 10:39 PM
Good luck finding a pond to fish, most are private. Try some of the local rivers, plenty of them you can wade and fish.

Lepomis
05-30-2017, 01:53 PM
Looking at the Rutherford County Property Assessor's GIS website, it looks like the pond is completely within the apartment property, i.e., private pond. It's not a wide spot in a stream. There is some City property along the road nearby, but it looks like it doesn't front the pond.

Bedford Lake is a TWRA lake that may be an option, but you would need a lake permit. There is a fishing pier at the Barton Spring launch ramp on Normandy, not far from Bedford Lake.

Beneficial
05-30-2017, 06:53 PM
Thank you all for the advice!
I ended up spending most of my day driving around Monday to typically every Pond on goggle maps. And every single one of them said no fishing private property. I chanced it at the Chelsea place Pond and had one bite in 45 minutes so I walked the greenway tossing my lure in every couple feet. Caught a few small mouth & that's it. I've came to the conclusion of just buying a small jon boat and floating down the river. I really wish the city would be more lenient on these ponds. Most were in neighborhoods.

MickT
05-30-2017, 07:06 PM
Get out of the city and knock on a few farmer's doors.

Subdivisions have to post them because too many people are ready to sue at a drop of a hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eksfish
05-30-2017, 07:23 PM
TK, was right on. Get TWRA fishing guide and start checking out all the TWRA managed lakes and then look at State Parks. A lot of the Lakes have jon boats you can rent. Get a clamp on trolling motor and battery and your in business.