PDA

View Full Version : kayak catfishing bait?

thewudd
05-26-2017, 10:27 AM
hey guys. i'm hoping to do some after dark kayak catfishing this weekend (after all the pleasure boaters get off the lake). i have been down to PP damn and seen a few people catching skipjack. this is the bait i'm hoping to use. do any of you have any good tips for catching some of these guys? i want to put a couple on ice to use over the weekend. i have tried w/ no success to catch some on the wing wall side of the damn, but haven't spent too long fooling with it. i was throwing some crappie magnets and other small plastics...whats the go to bait for the go to bait? ha!

tia

Matt

snowman
05-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Trout Magnet below JPP Damn...caught tons of them this week there

lforet2002
05-26-2017, 05:15 PM
1/4 oz jig head with a white curly tail grub.

MickT
05-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Run some noodles limb lines from your kayak too. We did it a couple years ago and it was a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thewudd
06-01-2017, 10:58 AM
i caught two last time out. one on a white crappie mag w/ red tail and one on a spoon. missed 4-5 more fish of unknown variety.

i did get a double on trout mags in white. one white bass, one bluegill right as the bait hit the water.

kept the bluegill for bait too.

now i just need to find a good spot for some lunker cats!

skillet
06-01-2017, 12:33 PM
I have good luck with a white curly tail jig and a small spoon for catching skips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deezelteck
06-01-2017, 10:13 PM
We have went below the dam, and caught skipjack using a 3/16oz kastmaster spoon. Cube up the skipjack and bait a few jugs, with 6' of line on them. Caught nice numbers of catfish that way.. We were in an aluminium boat. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk