PDA

View Full Version : Guide for Caney

tcintn
05-24-2017, 02:57 PM
I have a friend in town who lives in this area who has been attending college in Searcy,Ar and guiding on the Little Red.While here he would like to take some clients out on the Caney. If interesting give me a holler or PM.

Schleprock
05-24-2017, 06:33 PM
I have a friend in town who lives in this area who has been attending college in Searcy,Ar and guiding on the Little Red.While here he would like to take some clients out on the Caney. If interesting give me a holler or PM.

What part of the Caney? just fished the Caney Fork near Sparta for the first time, we caught over 50 largemouth and spots , I hooked and lost two muskies on crank baits

Alphahawk
05-24-2017, 07:57 PM
What part of the Caney? just fished the Caney Fork near Sparta for the first time, we caught over 50 largemouth and spots , I hooked and lost two muskies on crank baits

I can't speak for him but he is a trout guide. I am sure it would be the first dozen miles or so below Center Hill Dam.

Regards

JeffsLowe
05-24-2017, 08:14 PM
When I first moved to the area I hired Nick Adams with Moving Water Outfitters to learn the lay of the land, er water, for fishing the Caney and tributaries. Very pleased, and i continue to text him for tips and advice.

http://www.tnmovingwaters.com/

Schleprock
05-24-2017, 08:22 PM
I can't speak for him but he is a trout guide. I am sure it would be the first dozen miles or so below Center Hill Dam.

Regards

Ok thank you, been wanting to trout fish below the dam

Shaugh
05-25-2017, 02:06 PM
Wow Schleprock, that just got me very interested in the Caney. Never tried it and I'm a Muskie nut..... Would you be kind enough to point me to about where ? Throw a starving man a bone ?

JeffsLowe
05-25-2017, 02:56 PM
Wow Schleprock, that just got me very interested in the Caney. Never tried it and I'm a Muskie nut..... Would you be kind enough to point me to about where ?

Works best to launch at Carthage and troll your way up till you find em. Couple of pretty rough portages though.

daniel
05-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Works best to launch at Carthage and troll your way up till you find em. Couple of pretty rough portages though.
no musky in that part of river. musky are found on the Caney near sparta.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Shaugh
05-25-2017, 03:07 PM
Ok thanks. That's the north end. I'll try that too. He had said near Sparta.. so I assumed on the other end of the lake ? Sorry but I've never been... when I head that direction I always end up at Dale Hollow.. never even tried anywhere on Center Hill..

JeffsLowe
05-25-2017, 03:10 PM
no musky in that part of river. musky are found on the Caney near sparta.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

those aren't musky - those are the rare noseless Tennessee gar. And if you handle them their slime contains a rare form of contagious to humans fish AIDS.

Far safer to stick with the hatchery trout below the dam.

Shaugh
05-25-2017, 03:41 PM
I'll wear gloves... and park right next to any Lowes I find...

JeffsLowe
05-25-2017, 04:05 PM
I'll wear gloves... and park right next to any Lowes I find...

LOL..good one.

btw you won't see the lowe much up there. I use an alumacraft jon for that part of the country. Easier to make those big portages...:D

Shaugh
05-25-2017, 04:17 PM
I only get out there a couple times a year... you're safe..

JeffsLowe
05-25-2017, 04:29 PM
I only get out there a couple times a year... you're safe..

I'm easy to spot, both my boats fly the Confederate battle flag, about the only ones around that do so. If you see me come over and say hi and will be happy to share what I know - which isn't much - but I can usually make the rest at least sound believable anyway.

Shaugh
05-25-2017, 05:01 PM
Thanks will do. I'm easy to spot too... skin and bones from a lack of "protein".... I need all the help I can get...

Schleprock
05-25-2017, 07:10 PM
Wow Schleprock, that just got me very interested in the Caney. Never tried it and I'm a Muskie nut..... Would you be kind enough to point me to about where ? Throw a starving man a bone ?

Not sure of the name of the place we put in, its on South 111 right past Sparta right off the highway, might be the next exit when you cross the calf killer river

And Jeff is mistaken, there are Muskie there, hooked 2 of them last Sunday and the guy I fish with has pictures of ones he caught there while bass fishing, apprantly the fish of 10,000 casts is wrong because everyone I talk to that fishes there has caught them

Shaugh
05-25-2017, 07:42 PM
Thanks cuz I'm on about 9999.... I'll give it a try.

Schleprock
05-25-2017, 07:57 PM
Thanks cuz I'm on about 9999.... I'll give it a try.

The ramp is off of river bend rd