PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick.

Alphahawk
05-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Pickwick rarely disappoints.....Made the long drive to Pickwick this morning. It has always been a special place for me. I used to live only 45 minutes away......then I moved and was 1.5 hours away....then moved again and was 2 hours away.....then moved again and am now 2 hours 40 minutes away. But I sure can have a lot of fun there. Had another day of around 150 white bass. The situation was a little different today. They were running generators 1-5. I could not sit on top of dead boil 6 and maintain boat control. So I moved out in front of the wing wall. I would cast to the left side of the wing wall....count down to 12 and "bam"...fish on. I stayed on that spot until I decided I had caught enough. The rod used was a Major Craft MSX L action...reel was a Daiwa Ignis 2505 Type R spooled with SOS 4# test line. Lure today was a Midnight Blue Thunder Hawk Dancer on a 1/4 ounce jig head with a #4 hook......lot of current today. As usual the whites were "diggin". I really enjoy catching them. Water temp was only 74 today....lot of oxygenated water....made for a great fight. Life is good!

Regards

Texas_Rig
05-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Nice job Alpha

Coach B
05-24-2017, 11:49 AM
Nice! Its been on my list for a couple of years, but I'll get down there eventually.