PDA

View Full Version : Jpp. 5-13

TNBronzeback
05-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Fellas i was RUSTY after not fishing for a while. Lol.
No big disasters thankfully....dented bumper a few lost cranks and damaged ego...slight sunburn but all worth it to get back on the water.
Uncle John's Boating Tip #47:
Be sure to always put your truck in park while on the ramp to load your boat! lol. Gotta commend Dodge on having a superior parking brake system. How frigging dumb on my part. Trying to be courteous unlike other boaters that day and tried to hussle ups some, i backed into the water, used the parking brake as i always do and jumped out, loaded up the boat and jumped back on the truck. Tried to shift into drive(dodge knob on the dash) and it wouldnt turn....looked at it and seen i never took put it in park! lol.
Anywho, the wind was a real peach to contend with. Found crappies in 7'-11'. The shorts were in deeper brush but the keepers were in shallow on brush and still dark. Put 4 in the live well but tossed em back at 11 when i went to find some windless waters.
The new REVO SX casts like a dream! put one squarebill WAY WAY up into the forest on the first cast. Lol.....half hour later wind caught my spook and it sailed into some low hanging limbs never to be seen again.
Didnt pick the best day to go being post front and windy but it was still fun just to fish and i needed the casting practice! lol
In the area where i was fishing temp started at 70 and finished at 73 mid day. I think the pan fish are kinda in between. Gills arent really all up shallow yet, but the crappies arent all really out yet either. Shad must be getting ready to spawn as i came across several coves full of em early morning. Gar were everywhere too.
Went back out in the evening with the wife for some on the water dining and adult drinks to catch the sunset.
Pretty good day!

deezelteck
05-15-2017, 06:50 PM
Hate to hear about your rough luck this weekend.. There must have been something in the air.... My Saturday started out really nice, I managed to boat 10+ bass before 9 o'clock.. Then I was on a phone call, and manged to drop a $600 phone in the lake.. 😲😲😲
I loaded the boat and went home..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

TNBronzeback
05-15-2017, 08:22 PM
OUCH! yeah i think i would have done the same thing! lol

skillet
05-16-2017, 08:22 AM
Hate to hear about your rough luck this weekend.. There must have been something in the air.... My Saturday started out really nice, I managed to boat 10+ bass before 9 o'clock.. Then I was on a phone call, and manged to drop a $600 phone in the lake.. 😲😲😲
I loaded the boat and went home..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Butterfinger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

massman
05-26-2017, 02:46 PM
hate when bad things happen on the water hope everything looks up for you guys