PDA

View Full Version : Stones river White and Hybrid BASS

MdTnBankBustin
05-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Went down to Walter hill dam for the first time and on my 3rd cast picked up a nice white bass. About 13 inches.

I wasn't aware that hybrid/white bass were in this water way. I fish below Nice's mill quite a bit and all the way down through west fork.

Has anyone caught them on this body of water? I caught just one in the rapids on a white/silver rooser but that was it.

Any chance on catching more..from shore? I did notice that there were thousands of shad. I would snag on every other cast.. as well as gar.

Anyway, hyall have any tips for bank stripes.. I have caught a few on percy but its so crowded now wondering where to find them

ttitan27
05-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Very common to find them in that part of the river.

TnCreekMaster
05-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Yeah any species that makes spawning runs up the forks end up around those two dams as its the end of the road for fish. You might pick up some more but I belive the main runs are over and they're heading back down the forks.

Hope this helps
Tyler~

MdTnBankBustin
05-10-2017, 08:32 AM
Yeah any species that makes spawning runs up the forks end up around those two dams as its the end of the road for fish. You might pick up some more but I belive the main runs are over and they're heading back down the forks.

Hope this helps
Tyler~

That was my theory also, but after fishing it almost daily (Nice's mill dam) and not even seeing anything striped I assumed this was maybe too far up stream...

I kinda figured I missed these guys for the year this weird weather and rain messed it up for me..

I'm going to keep chasing them though, one of my favorite species to catch.. for the size you cant beat the strike and fight

Headhunter
05-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Before the "fish killers" invaded we used to catch more than you could count of small hybrids and white bass below nice mill. The river used to fill up with them but I have not fished for them there in years.

jaycee
05-10-2017, 09:53 PM
I caught three stripe Monday while fishing for Crappie on JPP and they were bursting w eggs. Thought they spawned weeks ago. But what do I know?

jaycee
05-10-2017, 09:56 PM
I agree with what Headhunter said and same experience. I have observed the fish killers in action on the west fork.

agelesssone
05-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Before the "fish killers" invaded we used to catch more than you could count of small hybrids and white bass below nice mill. The river used to fill up with them but I have not fished for them there in years.

Fish killers? Enlighten me....

thehick176
05-14-2017, 06:17 PM
Foreigners... Is the nicest way to put it. Ones that sit there with a 5 gallon bucket and keep any and everything they catch regardless of what the laws are. They come in groups and tend to move often to stay ahead of TWRA.
Pieces of trash in my opinion!!