PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory question

Texas_Rig
05-08-2017, 01:30 AM
Has anyone noticed the shad spawn on OH? I haven't fished many mornings on the hick this spring so I have no idea if it's happening now or already happened. I love fishing the shad spawn and I'm thinking about going to look for some morning topwater bass. Also on a side not I've got a hot tip for you guys. The bass have been hammering a black buzzbait in the grass beds for a couple weeks. It seems most of the bass have moved to the main creek channel beds. Last Wednesday it was the most reliable pattern I've ever been on. It got cloudy around 330 and I picked up a buzzbait and it was game on. For the next 4 hours, every single grass bed we fished on a main creek channel we caught fish. We would go in pockets and not catch much. This was in multiple creeks. Same deal every creek. I got to the point where I wouldn't fish anything else. I would pull up and fish the bed, then crank up and motor to the next one. It didn't matter if the the grass bed was the size of the boat or a quarter mile long

thehick176
05-08-2017, 06:05 AM
Can't really help much with that one Tex. I've been on Priest or G'ville this spring for the most part. The sad part is O H is 5 mins down the road lol.

skillet
05-08-2017, 08:46 AM
I've seen it one morning and then it turned cold....haven't seen it since. I'm hoping that once the water warms back up that maybe they will start up again. Just have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deezelteck
05-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Like skillet said.. they were beginning to spawn then the water temp fell, and they stopped. They will start back up shortly..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig
05-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Thx for the info. I just dont fish OH much in the mornings. If Im up that early I usually go somewhere else. But when I can get out in the afternoons, it's usually the hick bc I live just a couple minutes away

Texas_Rig
05-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Can't really help much with that one Tex. I've been on Priest or G'ville this spring for the most part. The sad part is O H is 5 mins down the road lol.

How is Guntersville fishing? I have a love hate relationship with that lake. Ive had some of my best days on that lake but it's like feast or famine for me. Ive struggled there so much that there is a creek I will not ever go in again. JONES CREEK. My tournament partner used to take ne in there during practice for every tournament bc one time he won a tournament in there with 28lbs. Ive never caught a keeper in there, so finally I told him that if his Ranger ever turns right
In that creek again with me in the boat then I'm jumping out😋

agelesssone
05-08-2017, 11:19 PM
so finally I told him that if his Ranger ever turns right
In that creek again with me in the boat then I'm jumping out😋

Luckily, you're riding in a Ranger so you know you won't be doing over 30 MPH when you jump out!

Halli
05-09-2017, 06:36 AM
I would think as soon as the next full moon and the water hits 68-70
the shad will spawn and be seen in the early morning or all day if it's cloudy.

skillet
05-09-2017, 12:31 PM
I would think as soon as the next full moon and the water hits 68-70
the shad will spawn and be seen in the early morning or all day if it's cloudy.

This is what I'm hoping for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk