PDA

View Full Version : Percy Priest Catfish

Jimmy.dailey
05-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Has anyone ever used jugs for catfish on Priest? I want to give them a try but wasn't sure if the boat traffic would push them all over the place. Any tips or experience is appreciated.

-Jimmy

Pinwheeled
05-06-2017, 06:33 PM
I have but always at night. We never have any trouble. Usually pretty productive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy.dailey
05-06-2017, 11:03 PM
I have but always at night. We never have any trouble. Usually pretty productive.

How deep do you normally fish them? Most of my jugs are lined at about 8-10 ft.

JeffsLowe
05-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Has anyone ever used jugs for catfish on Priest? I want to give them a try but wasn't sure if the boat traffic would push them all over the place. Any tips or experience is appreciated.

-Jimmy

yup - my daughter enjoys that type of fishing so we go out for a few hours in the evening every now and then - maybe like from 5 till dark. We use those foam tubes you get from Academy. Attach about 6-8 foot of line and toss them out in the flats in the bays. We throw out about 6 tubes, then troll cranks around in the area till you see one take off. Lots of fun.

We go during the week so no problem with boat traffic.

Pinwheeled
05-07-2017, 01:42 PM
How deep do you normally fish them? Most of my jugs are lined at about 8-10 ft.

Most of mine are like that also. Saw some folks out jugging this morning on Priest. They were wearing them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaycee
05-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Fish in no wake zones like area by Hong Kong Island across from Poole Knob Campground boat ramp.