PDA

View Full Version : fall creek yak fishing

thewudd
05-04-2017, 10:01 AM
i went out yesterday evening and fished fall creek. the fish we hitting on top everywhere but i couldn't convince any to take a bait. i had some small fish take a white spinner bait w/ willow blades.

missed a few on a jig and a few on a shakey head w/ crawdad type plastic

i switched to a weightless fluke and started catching some little fish. lots of swirls and misses though.

when the sun went down, i tried a buzz bait and missed two. they hit on a lot of different things but getting a hook in their mouths proved difficult.

90titans89
05-04-2017, 11:03 AM
i went out yesterday evening and fished fall creek. the fish we hitting on top everywhere but i couldn't convince any to take a bait. i had some small fish take a white spinner bait w/ willow blades.

missed a few on a jig and a few on a shakey head w/ crawdad type plastic

i switched to a weightless fluke and started catching some little fish. lots of swirls and misses though.

when the sun went down, i tried a buzz bait and missed two. they hit on a lot of different things but getting a hook in their mouths proved difficult.

Close your eyes...feel the fish...set the hook.

XxthejuicexX
05-04-2017, 03:17 PM
I had the same thing going on yesterday in the lake. TONS of bait and some fish busting them. Threw topwater and only had one taker. We caught them on swim jigs and football jigs. Fished from 5 to dark and ended up with 10, 3 smallies which surprised me. Lost another 4.