PDA

View Full Version : Jpp

Gone fishing
04-24-2017, 07:18 PM
Went to priest on Wednesday for the first time this year. I only had a couple hours before dark so it was mainly just a recon trip to see if the crappie and hybrid had moved into a couple of my best spots. First two holes were a dud basically, but my 3rd spot had a few marks. Ended up catching 2 hybrid and a few stripes, but wasn't the action I expected. Did a little trolling with cranks and swim baits while I was basically covering ground looking. Found a small section off a point where it went from 6-7ft to 13-16 ft within a few feet. Had all kinds of marks on the finder but it was just about dark. Came back on Thursday around 3:30 with live bait and went straight to the new spot and again there were a ton of marks. Dropped down some shiners and pretty much could only manage to fish one rod although I was trying to use two. Caught largemouth, hybrid, stripe, and crappie... Ended up bringing home 19 crappie best one was 15 3/4! I've never been able to get my pics to post here for whatever reason, but said I'd contribute more fish reports this year as I appreciate y'all who do it...

JKTrevecca
04-24-2017, 11:19 PM
Sounds like you found a nice new spot! Thanks for the report and for sharing...

ttitan27
04-25-2017, 11:18 AM
A great day. Congrats.